O'Sheehan's Menu? Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

ready2cruzagain

Still offered, available, no upcharge 😜 2 weeks ago (last year) on the Gem.  Served warm, it was okay, but not impressed vs. getting one around here. We don't cruise for food, as options are subjective.

IMG_20191215_194453416.jpg

IMG_20191216_133345601.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Still offered, available, no upcharge 😜 2 weeks ago (last year) on the Gem.  Served warm, it was okay, but not impressed vs. getting one around here. We don't cruise for food, as options are subjective.

Thank you for the picture, DH appreciates it (he is drooling LOL).  We don't cruise for food either, nowadays we cruise for the ship.  DH likes the RB as a change from the wings and salads at O'Sheehans.  When you are on a ship for 21 days you get to try a lot of different things that you would not normally eat on a short cruise.

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

That's some really pathetic looking roast beef.

Somebody actually compared that disgusting-looking slop to Arby's.

I haven't been to Arby's in years, but if that's what their stuff looks like, it's a wonder they've stayed in business this long.

Oh My. 🤢  So not a good promo for the Roast beef sandwich!!  🤣

Now I've had the Hot Turkey Sandwich and it was good and looked good too!!    Food starts at about 1:30 Hot turkey at about 2:40

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

DH says he might not get it now after all of your reactions 🤣 He said the picture does not look as good as he remembers 😂

It was #cough #cough, a notch or two ... better last January on the Escape.  I had to dig into our photo archieve to see if we ate there & ordered it.  Here's what it looked like - could be deceiving due to lighting.  If they've pop it into a microwave for 30 seconds first before bring it out as a hot sandwich - would probably made a difference.  For a ship like the Gem or Dawn, there is no excuse with their own small gallery for a lurk warm sandwich - when the deep fried wings came out hot.  I wouldn't try to compare it to Arby's and risk walking the NCL gang plank next time (just kidding ...)  

DW ordered hot turkey sandwich - and it was good, better than mine.  Probably the same grade of red meat as provisioned ... maybe, the difference is in the skills of the chef in the preparation as "presented" .  

I dunno, very subtle difference ... let the jury decide.  

image.thumb.png.eec6485d8c60dfcedd8866355fc29689.png

Yes-picture #2 is definitely better looking then picture #1. I'm all about comfort food so I will probably do the hot open turkey again. Roast beef can be fatty so I guess it's luck of the draw.

4 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

I tried the shepherd's pie on my September cruise.  Evidently, the shepherds in NCL land herd cattle, not sheep. 

I love Sheperd's pie and do not eat lamb so I'll be thrilled if it's made with beef only!! 😀

54 minutes ago, Debde said:

I love Sheperd's pie and do not eat lamb so I'll be thrilled if it's made with beef only!! 😀

i am the same way too..i hate lamb..would love to see a beef version of shepherd pie

10 hours ago, mking8288 said:

That looks absolutely vile. 

Never mind the roast beef...

Wish O’Sheehan’s would bring back their chicken pot pie...

IMHO it was really good. 

🥳 Happy New Year to Everyone 🐔

Edited to add : I have to get back to work tomorrow and am pretty grouchy about it. 

Edited by meatball_nyc
why are all the summer of 2020 Encore to Bermuda prices so $$$?

12 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Tried looking for a current O'Sheehan's menu and having no luck finding one.  Does O'Sheehan's still have the hot roast beef sandwich?

Never tried that, yet. Maybe next cruise. Can’t get away from the chicken wings. Dry with sauce on side. 

55 minutes ago, meatball_nyc said:

... Wish O’Sheehan’s would bring back their chicken pot pie ... IMHO it was really good. 

🥳 Happy New Year to Everyone 🐔

... have to get back to work tomorrow and am pretty grouchy about it. 

HNY to you, Robin ...  I concur, chicken pot pie over Sheperd's pie anytime - as one of my personal favorite on a NCL cruise.   Yeah, I hear ya on going back to work but only 2 more days to the weekend.  

Nevermind the Bliss prices for this summer, it's crazy high for 4 days and 5 days island run to Bermuda & back for April.  Going with Plan C this Spring, an oversea trip - flying & land-based tour - real "street food, perhaps" not the Norwegian way (if you saw that recent post)

42 minutes ago, cementhands said:

Never tried that, yet. Maybe next cruise. Can’t get away from the chicken wings. Dry with sauce on side. 

In all fairness as a balanced critic, OSH wings were good and fine with us. Sauce on the side ... the blue cheese dressing or whatever for the celery worked fine.  Just don't let them drown the poultry in their sauces ... If NCL wanted to do spicy chicken, take a hint at Popoyes - they got it right, with a choice of "mild" vs. "spicy".  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

I had the roast beef sandwich on my cruise last month on GEM. It was room temperature and had no taste. I just ate the mashed potatoes and broccoli. I would have ordered something else but didn't feel like waiting another 30 minutes for it to arrive.