Bid to upgrade

rosieast

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Bidding is okay from Inside to Spa Balcony but as high as Mini Suite, for real  ...  Whether the cruise is sold out or not, at this point, shouldn't matter - if there's a block of rooms being held.  I stand corrected.  

what was available for us to bid on Was mini suite spa, balcony spa and a balcony cabin or mini suite balcony , so we bid on mini suite spa and balcony spa. Heaven wasn’t in the choices!

16 minutes ago, rosieast said:

what was available for us to bid on Was mini suite spa, balcony spa and a balcony cabin or mini suite balcony , so we bid on mini suite spa and balcony spa. Heaven wasn’t in the choices!

You are allowed to bid for cabins two categories higher than what you presently have

I.E. Inside to Ocean View or Balcony --- Ocean View to Balcony Mini-suite --- Balcony to Mini-suite Suite ---

I don't know off hand if when the invitation is offered for the HAVEN from a Mini-suite Suite ???

When you receive the invitation to bid (about 80 days before sailing) the invitation will have the categories

that are available for your bidding.

Don't receive the invite or are not included in bidding for the HAVEN call NCL or your TA and make NCL an OFFER !

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

You are allowed to bid for cabins two categories higher than what you presently have

I.E. Inside to Ocean View or Balcony --- Ocean View to Balcony Mini-suite --- Balcony to Mini-suite Suite ---

I don't know off hand if when the invitation is offered for the HAVEN from a Mini-suite Suite ???

When you receive the invitation to bid (about 80 days before sailing) the invitation will have the categories

Don't receive the invite or are not included in bidding for the HAVEN call NCL or your TA and make NCL an OFFER !

Upgrade is offered from Balcony to Spa Balcony, Spa Mini Suite, and all Haven categories. I'm crossing my fingers. 🙂

19 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Upgrade bids are sent out approx 80 days from departure date and can be accepted by NCL up to a couple days before departure date....... many posts in this thread (and the gazillion other threads about the Advantage Upgrade Program) have explained "sold out".    You can get luggage tags and even print out your eDocs..... and the next day have your bid accepted.

There is no magic number on timing - upgrade bids are sent out whenever NCL feels that they might be able to adjust inventory - reclaim sold-out categories, shift numbers to another ship location, or just a general up-sell to existing passengers to fill underselling categories.

Just got an offer to bid on a cruise that is in May, 100+ days out.

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Upgrade is offered from Balcony to Spa Balcony, Spa Mini Suite, and all Haven categories. I'm crossing my fingers. 🙂

Exactly when I received the invitation to bid for upgrades, all those categories were available to choose except for heaven 

3 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Exactly when I received the invitation to bid for upgrades, all those categories were available to choose except for heaven

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

There is no magic number on timing - upgrade bids are sent out whenever NCL feels that they might be able to adjust inventory - reclaim sold-out categories, shift numbers to another ship location, or just a general up-sell to existing passengers to fill underselling categories.

Just got an offer to bid on a cruise that is in May, 100+ days out.

Not sure why you quoted me to explain something that by my post I clearly understand the Advantage Upgrade Program 

1 minute ago, esm54687 said:

Not sure why you quoted me to explain something that by my post I clearly understand the Advantage Upgrade Program 

per your post " Upgrade bids are sent out approx 80 days from departure date " - not true.  They can be sent out much earlier, much later.

19 minutes ago, julig22 said:

per your post " Upgrade bids are sent out approx 80 days from departure date " - not true.  They can be sent out much earlier, much later.

OK.... the word "approx" means not exactly 80 days but give or take some days..... but the average is 80 when the bids are sent out. 

Of course NCL has the right to send out more or less later or earlier depending on many factors. 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Pretty good chance in the new environment

Try to avoid bumping old thread or very old threads. You are responding to a question asked 7 months ago. 

The problem with bumping an old thread is that the information in the thread is old and may no longer be valid. E.g., Bidding opening 80 days prior to cruise was true once upon a time. But is no longer true. 

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Try to avoid bumping old thread or very old threads. You are responding to a question asked 7 months ago. 

The problem with bumping an old thread is that the information in the thread is old and may no longer be valid. E.g., Bidding opening 80 days prior to cruise was true once upon a time. But is no longer true. 

In this era all policies will be reevaluated by cruiselines and may change.  Its good to bring back cruise topics instead of just cancels, refunds, and covid.  Keep an open mind please

• Like 1