Shore Trip Age Limit?

whitford

At the HAL site tried to book a snorkel days trip. The had many restrictions but the one that affects me is a limit of 70 years of age. Do they really check ID's before you can get on the boat or snorkel? Please let me know your experiences.

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I've never seen an age limit. They ask you to sign a release, but I've never been asked my age. What port is this?

I have seen them as well as weight limits - now that has to be a touchy moment. HAL knows your age and may not allow you to book.  Have you looked at independent tours

Edited by Mary229

26 minutes ago, whitford said:

At the HAL site tried to book a snorkel days trip. The had many restrictions but the one that affects me is a limit of 70 years of age. Do they really check ID's before you can get on the boat or snorkel? Please let me know your experiences.

As noted, I would expect the website to not allow you book anything that has a limit that you don't meet.  They know how old you are.  

1 hour ago, whitford said:

The scuba trip was for Bonaire.

In your first post you said snorkel, in this one you say scuba. Which one are you trying to book, there is a big difference between the two types. It would not be unusual for there to be an age limit for scuba diving, especially for new-comers.