Balcony breakfastAny

5fathom

From the Princess website:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/ultimatebalconydining.html

For those who want to start the day with a romantic meal, opt for a breakfast which includes specialty pastries, fresh fruits, quiche, smoked salmon and other special treats served with a half bottle of chilled sparkling wine. This item may be ordered onboard by contacting room service or pre-purchased as a special service item (item #3009).

We did it once ($45/couple)...many covered plates of food are stacked on your desk by room service so it’s not like the Ultimate Balcony Dinner served in courses by tuxedoed waitstaff.  Both provide lots of food but for us the $100/couple UBD is much better which adds cocktails, flowers, photo & great service.

You can view & can prepay to book both options through the Cruise Personalizer (Onboard Services; Culinary Delights) but we book it onboard to use OBC to pay for it instead of paying by chargecard in advance.

36 minutes ago, 5fathom said:

Any info on Balcony Breakfast would be appreciated. Thanks

We had free room service breakfast every morning on our recent Grand Hawaiian cruise and ate it on our balcony.

The hot part was a ham and egg muffin delivered in a foil lined bag to keep it hot.

There was a good selection of fruit's, pastries, cereals,juices and tea or coffee.

You tick the order form for a 30 minute slot,we did 8-8.30 and they turned up 7.50-8am every morning.

I gave $2 cash tip to the waiter every morning.

There is a pay option which a previous poster highlighted.

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We had free room service breakfast every morning on our recent Grand Hawaiian cruise and ate it on our balcony.

The hot part was a ham and egg muffin delivered in a foil lined bag to keep it hot.

There was a good selection of fruit's, pastries, cereals,juices and tea or coffee.

You tick the order form for a 30 minute slot,we did 8-8.30 and they turned up 7.50-8am every morning.

I gave $2 cash tip to the waiter every morning.

There is a pay option which a previous poster highlighted.

Maybe the OP has the UBB as a promo.  🤔

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

On a MedallionClass ship that can also be ordered using the app. 🙂

Edited by Astro Flyer

OP, my wife and I have enjoyed the UBB a few times and are planning to do so, again, on our next cruise in a few weeks.

As Astro Flyer has already indicated, the breakfast is delivered without any real service.  As I recall, it includes:

• A half-bottle of the Nicolas Feuilatte Champagne.
  • Orange Juice (there may be a choice of juice, here, but we always order orange juice).
  • A selection of mini muffins/danish.
  • Platter of sliced fruit.
  • A small Quiche.
  • Smoked Salmon, with Capers, Onions and some kind of roll (not a bagel).
  • Coffee (I assume tea could be ordered.)
  • Like 1

I didn't find it special at all, would rather have had a specialty dinner. The Champagne is very dry and I threw  it away. All of the items could be had in the MDR or specialty restaurant breakfast if in a suite or the buffet. I  will ask to trade it for a specialty dinner next time.

Edited by cruzsnooze