Live Reflection Jan 3rd thru 10th

whitshel

4 minutes ago, lienf said:

What type of phone do you have to get those great clear night time pics. My iPhone pics at night seem to be blurry. 

Neil

It's the Note 10 plus. This is the 1st time I've used that feature.  It took some awesome shots. The shots of the fort as we pulled out was really dark, I don't know how it takes such nice shots. 

20200105_225133.thumb.jpg.dfb82f73afee81af8378c1e034125549.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 10:06 PM, Luvcrusn said:

If you get a chance would you please check and post what Cannon cameras are for sale as well as the pricing? We're sailing Reflection in March and have quite a bit on OBC-N to use up and we want to upgrade our digital camera. Thanks.

I'm still trying to find out. I didn't see any shops with cameras in them so they must be by the photos. Was there a certain model you were looking for? 

Edited by whitshel

On 1/7/2020 at 12:26 AM, Luvcrusn said:

Frozen Toasted Almond Drink Recipe

January 13, 2011

Frozen Toasted Almond

SERVES 1

1 oz. amaretto liqueur
1/2 oz. Kahlúa coffee liqueur
1/2 oz. Baileys Original Irish Cream
1 oz. vanilla ice cream
1 scoop of ice

1. Mix all ingredients in a blender. Serve in a tall stemmed glass; decorative paper parasol optional.

I sometimes ask them to swirl the glass with a bit of chocolate. It makes it extra yummy! 

I
  •  

The problem for some  bars to make that would be the access to the ice cream.   

A Mudlside would be close except they use Vodka instead of Amaretto and heavy cream instead of ice cream.  You could ask the BT to add some amaretto to the mudslide, or substitute it for the vodka.   Try it both ways.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

7 minutes ago, whitshel said:

I'm still trying to find out. I didn't see any shops with cameras in them so they must be by the photos. Was there a certain model you were looking for? 

They are at the photo gallery behind the desk. I bought a Canon Powershot Sx60HS a couple of years ago when we had obc to burn. Price was better than the UK price but it was an old model then and they still had it on the Silhouette last year.

29 minutes ago, lienf said:

I don't know why it has that quote in there but I can't get rid of it. 

We were at Tuscon Grill on St Thomas night. It was fabulous. I liked it better than LCG personally.  It's funny cause I was thinking it was like Giovanni's table on Rccl where they really offer to bring all the pastas to try and you order steak etc.  When we my daughter ordered gnocchi and a steak the waiter was a little confused, he said "you want both"? In a confused tone. I just butted in and said can we get these 3 pastas to try with our mains. Then he seemed ok.  I got the rib eye again, blackened, and my wife n daughter got the filet, they were really good. Like I said better than the LCG. It didn't get a shot of the menu, but if anyone wants it were going again on Thursday night.

We tried to go to lunch today but they are sold out. And no discounts, so other than the 1st night discount on the planner, don't expect any discounts, believe me I tried. We did get $10 off for booking again tho, lunch is $30 which would have been $20 and dinner is $45 so it's $35 for us tomorrow. 

I only got shots of a couple apps, the crab cake which was really good, and the brushetta which was with olive tapenade and was awesome.

20200106_182416.thumb.jpg.96ac4cbaac19e9683701066a9fb7d162.jpg

20200106_182545.thumb.jpg.c3defb46b9e4514d0146fbd1b43b30c6.jpg

47 minutes ago, whitshel said:

It's the Note 10 plus. This is the 1st time I've used that feature.  It took some awesome shots. The shots of the fort as we pulled out was really dark, I don't know how it takes such nice shots. 

20200105_225133.thumb.jpg.dfb82f73afee81af8378c1e034125549.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply. 

So yesterday was St Martin, St Marteen whatever. Great day of doing nothing.

Now I'm not here to judge, really I'm not, I'm a p/t travel agent so I can't, but before we got off the ship the Carnival Magic pulls in next to us. I remember a couple weeks ago, reading on their boards a title "why are carnival ships always rusty" or something like that. Now I'm sure not all their ships look like this but I'm like, hmmmmm, if I have a client that asks me " book me on my 1st cruise"  do you think I would book this ship?  Again this is the Magic, now this ship is 1 year older than the Reflection, 1 year. Other than the small spot of rust by the anchor, there is no other signs of rust or wear on the outside of the Reflection. Again rust on the outside has nothing to do with the cruise experience, but I'm sorry, if I were a carnival exec I would be embarrassed. And I get, ships are made of iron, steel, what ever and that will rust. But take care of it...

That little spot is all you will see on the Reflection.

20200105_161042.thumb.jpg.85b402e1f057decaeb585aee1e77fe0a.jpg

20200107_091652.thumb.jpg.f5e22b5a30dd87aee83c30d90d42fc6a.jpg

20200107_091852.thumb.jpg.07907241fd090294ef12650980335bd0.jpg

20200107_091843.thumb.jpg.f2bdac83a3f62988ce69573803273515.jpg

20200107_091746.thumb.jpg.346518331ad7039b0d7aae3eec10a23f.jpg

20200107_092206.thumb.jpg.2bcbcf1b86d4031bca86eacbe9c5833d.jpg

20200107_092327.thumb.jpg.461515542d1d6e53fea2ac9023953686.jpg

Now again, I've never been on carnival. I'm sure the cruise experience is different from what I'm looking for, so I guess I don't have to worry about it

When I went to book my very first cruise, I vividly remember my travel agent telling me he would never put me on a Carnival cruise.  To him, I say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Edited by lola2013

58 minutes ago, whitshel said:

The cameras are sold at the photo counter. Im looking for a Cannon DSLR. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

The cameras are sold at the photo counter. Im looking for a Cannon DSLR. Thanks. 

I uploaded a pic of the closest camera they had to a DSLR on my thread a couple days ago. The rest were pocket and GoPro cams.

Liked I said we didn't do a whole lot in St Marteen yesterday. It rained a bit in the morning then was pretty hot all day. 

The rains a come n....

20200107_105306.thumb.jpg.cee1d13e0af6b45972eb85a7c5db6d80.jpg

If you look close, you can see Mtn goats on the hill

20200107_111140.thumb.jpg.ad9401ee6ce35bae45c26c305868898b.jpg

20200107_112833.thumb.jpg.c80d983bf13c384d26a288222a55bbcd.jpg

20200107_122031.thumb.jpg.3d246ce705717ebf3a2ef82df46445b2.jpg

20200107_122205.thumb.jpg.b1167f700a5fb2295c2575d70bbb4355.jpg

Quick selfie and it was off shopping

20200107_123945.thumb.jpg.810e79e7b7f4c570691f6b23e59bf435.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miched said:

A Mudlside would be close except they use Vodka instead of Amaretto and heavy cream instead of ice cream.  You could ask the BT to add some amaretto to the mudslide, or substitute it for the vodka.   Try it both ways.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You would think so, but I've always been able to get it anywhere I've ordered it. And I like it much better than a mudslide...although I'd never turn one of those down either.🤣

5 hours ago, wpgcycler said:

I uploaded a pic of the closest camera they had to a DSLR on my thread a couple days ago. The rest were pocket and GoPro cams.

Thanks. I appreciated the pic of the camera since it shows the model. It will definitely be an upgrade to our current one and to our phones...and using OBC you can't beat the price! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

For the mudslide, I’m pretty sure they typically use the Island Oasis frozen mix, rather than ice cream.   At least that’s what they used by the pool on Sostice. I much prefer when they don’t use that Oasis mix.

Jane

11 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

For the mudslide, I’m pretty sure they typically use the Island Oasis frozen mix, rather than ice cream.   At least that’s what they used by the pool on Sostice. I much prefer when they don’t use that Oasis mix.

Jane

Yes they do use a mix,  and they use mixes for most of the frozen drinks.

On our last cruise in October on the Equinox they were using mixes to make the drinks at the WCB instead of having the fresh ingredients on the bar like they use to.

I would also bet that when ordering some Martinis at that bar if you order form a server where they go to the back room that many of them are premade and just poured into a glass like the6 do for the drinks during the Elite HH or parties with the free drinks.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

38 minutes ago, miched said:

You could go to Cafe el Bacio and order a Affogato.  Ask  them to add Baileys,  Kahlua,  Amaretto and blend it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Brilliant! We'll do just that in March on Reflection. You're welcome to join us.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nikel said:

It's about time !!!!!!

...if only it worked.  Last month on Edge, every person who was using one of the loungers in the pool also had a chair reserved along the perimeter...that's where they kept their belongings so they wouldn't get wet.  So one body with two chairs...saw the same people in those chairs every day.  Not once did a pool butler attempt to remove the items on the "dry" chair.  I feel like I'm preaching to the choir...it's a situation that will never change.