Westerdam currently in drydock

BermudaBound2014

14 hours ago, GA133642 said:

I am on the Westerdam May 2020 & I hope this is true in that the Tamarind is put in. It is kinda answered but the HAL site when you look at your booking does show it as one of the dinning options. Not sure if that is true all their ships. this is our first HAL cruise. Been on 6 with Princess. 

We are on board in March and Tamarind does not show up as a bookable dining option.

Called Holland yesterday (what a concept!). Chatted with an agent, asked "(sic) Are they adding Tamarind to the Westerdam in this drydock?". His answer was "(sic) "It seems so". I then asked "Where is it located on the ship?". His answer "Looks like it is on deck 2, but it is not on the deck plan yet". So we still don't know for sure. Only way we will know for certain is to hear from someone who is actually on the ship this week......

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Called Holland yesterday (what a concept!). Chatted with an agent, asked "(sic) Are they adding Tamarind to the Westerdam in this drydock?". His answer was "(sic) "It seems so". I then asked "Where is it located on the ship?". His answer "Looks like it is on deck 2, but it is not on the deck plan yet". So we still don't know for sure. Only way we will know for certain is to hear from someone who is actually on the ship this week......

Actually called them to ask! LOL I love it. Thanks for sharing. These cruise lines really like to keep things secretive don't they? 

On 1/4/2020 at 1:04 PM, St Pete Cruiser said:

Zuiderdam hotel manager told us last July that the plans were to add room mid ship, similar to signature class, for the Tamirand and move the HAL Club downstairs to less pricey real estate areas. 

Interesting concept not previously discussed here: Vacate/Gut the current Club HAL/the Loft space on Deck 10 of the Vistas and make a Tamarind and galley out of it. We shall see 😎

Westerdam_Deck10.png.image.4540.896.low.png

1 hour ago, Tennessee Titan said:

I hope they don't take out the Galley Bar.  I love that room.  I honestly can't see space on Deck 2 that would work.  I'll look forward to seeing those new deck plans.

Just now, Copper10-8 said:

Try Deck 10

Deck 10 would be lovely, actually.  I know that my opinion means nothing to HAL, but they really did a great job with creating the Galley Bar on Westerdam.  The poster that I quoted, who says they talked to someone at HAL, mentioned Deck 2.

4 minutes ago, Taters said:

Deck 10 would be lovely, actually.  I know that my opinion means nothing to HAL, but they really did a great job with creating the Galley Bar on Westerdam.  The poster that I quoted, who says they talked to someone at HAL, mentioned Deck 2.

Copy that! I was going by what Zuidy's HD told St. Pete's Cruiser. Taking out Club HAL and The Loft on Deck 10 (moving Club HAL elsewhere) could potentially work. I don't think Tamarind would be as large as currently on the Pinnacle and Signature-class ships but they could fit in a number of diners

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

If Tamarind took over the Club HAL area (The Loft, too?), would they put in a kitchen up there?  Use the Lido kitchen?

Most interesting idea!

That - using the Lido galley which is already not too big - would include climbing a set of stairs (no elevators up there) so it would make more sense to install a dedicated small Tamarind galley up there - No room for it and a bar however 

We just pulled up our April reservation for the Westy and checked for specialty dining reservations.  There is no mention of Tarimand as an option.   Not sure this means much...given HAL's history with it's own web site :).

Hank

8 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

To us, the food, quality, and the service by the Indonesian and, now also, Thai ladies

Second that, hope to have news from Westerdam out of dry-dock this week, will certainly go there in March on our cruise. We love the venue, but sadly only had the opportunity once (Eurodam) so far, to enjoy!

8 hours ago, Alan2504 said:

1970369645_westerdamphoto.jpg.135e42f5efe83d0bdfc33e16c7fead0e.jpg

Latest photo of Westerdam

©️ Singapore Cruise Society

Alan; thanks for your posts and pics! Any chance you can take a look up on Deck 10 aft and shoot some pics of Club HAL and The Loft areas? 😉