Need Help pls: S1/S2 on Reflection ??

plucasana

Hello,

although I really studied the spreadsheet, I am still having a hard time deciding on a cabin location and would like to ask for advice.

The suite (S1 or S2) should be

1. quiet and 2. get a lot of sun (cruising in northern Europe).

Choices are:

- 2217/2208 (under OV, afraid of: too much noise from above, overhang blocking out sun?)

- Hump Suites Deck 12 (afraid of noise from above: Pool Deck)

- 1405 / 1214 (afraid of noise due to connecting cabin ?? Is that really the case or are the reflection cabins connected exteriorly?)

- 7309 - 7358 (connecting → noise?)

- 6307 - 6306  (connecting → noise?)

- S2 aft 2177-2199 (under OV → noise?)

I know that there is no perfect choice and I may sound paranoid, but I have had an extremely loud cabin in a previous cruise so I want to be careful this time.

Maybe some of you are willing to weigh in, that would be very much appreciated! Thank you very much!

Sandra

Deck12.jpg

S1.jpg

I would agree with Gracie115.  I would add that the S1 9301is also a good choice.  These two S1 cabins (1405 and 9301) offer quiet and a larger balcony that is fully exposed to the sun.  We have never been disappointed in these cabins.  I will always stay away from any cabin that is directly under some of the busier common areas especially the Ocean View Café and the pool.  Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1

While I have no opinion on which to choose, I will say that the noise level of a cabin can be highly dependent on who is in the surrounding cabins (obviously if a heavy traffic area is above or an attendant’s closet is close that will be more constant - I am talking cabins in areas surrounded by just cabins). What is quiet one cruise could have a screaming infant or uber loud snorer or people who simply do not have “inside voices” the next. I have often been on ships or in hotels and had loud people I could hear clearly from a non-connecting cabin/room and have had a cabin/room with a connecting door and never heard a peep (and yes, I know there were people in as I saw them coming or going.

So even with avoiding cabins next to closets or under high traffic areas, there is really no guarantee of quiet.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 1

The aft S1's are connecting with the room next door but it's done with an external vestibule.  You have a separate door to the main hallway which goes to a private hallway where the 2 cabin doors are.   We have stayed in these many times and haven't ever heard anything from the adjoining room and rarely have even met the neighbors.

Deck 6 balcony's are much smaller so avoid them.  Only note on the upper decks I think 11 is the window washing equipment is parked back there.

We have done deck 7 and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

Totally enjoyed aft corner S1 (not on deck 12)....quiet, sun most of the day ( really hot in southern Caribbean), larger room and balcony (although long rather than wide).

Should have added, we were on deck 8 starboard...w/washing equipment was around the corner and not in view. Excellent cabin - Reflection.

• Like 1

The S1 in 7309 or 7358 have connecting staterooms, but the connecting doors are far away from the sleeping area and likely would not be a problem. Because each of them is corner aft you will get the extra veranda space and an extra port hole window, if I recall correctly. Pretty much any stateroom will be fairly quiet unless the folks next door make it otherwise. Our last sailing on Eclipse we had a Royal Suite just below a Penthouse. The kids upstairs REALLY liked to play the piano. I think they may not have had lessons. And they liked to run, A LOT, apparently in steel boots.

Edited by K12Guy
Mistyped.
  • Like 1

If you haven't yet made a decision, here's a video of 7309. It will give you an idea of what the aft S1 experience is like as opposed to the standard S2 rectangle. I didn't see an interior connecting door, so it must be a shared entry from the hallway that makes the two staterooms 'connecting'. I've not been on Reflection but I've been on two or three other S class Celebrity ships and I think this is the same format.

Edited by K12Guy
More information
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for the great video.

In the end we "had to" opt for deck 12 because we need two cabins and this was the only deck that had two adjacent (aft) Suites. 

We will bring earplugs and hope for the best 🙂

We will no matter what. 

I am still not clear as to whether there is a sort of foyer (between the last suite and the second to last cabin/suite) on the top deck (deck12). In the deck plan those cabins are the only corner aft suites that are not shown as to be "connected". Can anybody confirm that?

connecting.jpg

1 hour ago, plucasana said:

We will no matter what. 

I am still not clear as to whether there is a sort of foyer (between the last suite and the second to last cabin/suite) on the top deck (deck12). In the deck plan those cabins are the only corner aft suites that are not shown as to be "connected". Can anybody confirm that?

connecting.jpg

We were in 1688, and if there were a connecting door, I certainly didn't notice it.  I would not choose 1688 or 1665 because there is a huge window washing contraption on the side of the balcony that severely obstructs your view looking out and forward from the balcony.  Avoid either of those two corner S1's.  🍷

3 hours ago, Wine-O said:

We were in 1688, and if there were a connecting door, I certainly didn't notice it. 

dscf2686_1_orig.jpg

I mean this kind of foyer as shown in this pic taken from the fabulous blog by @SunnyAJ ("my virtual vacations"). (I hope it is OK to post this here). This is deck 9. I wonder if Deck 10 has the same "foyer".