NCL, up your pizza game!

L1211

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It’s food for the kids. Along with hot dogs and hamburgers. 

Well I do Not eat the Hot dogs or hamburgers onboard, but I love good pizza!  Chewy crust, Parma ham, arugula, good glass of wine!  A duke food for sure!!  But not the crap they are serving. It was from The Moderno pizza and sandwich lunch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It sure is!!

“Has anyone recently ordered and paid for a "made-to-order" freshly baked room service pizza delivery, with a fee, for "our" convenience (2 or 3 years ago) ... or, has that gone away & faded with lack of interest.”

It was that $5 made to order room service pizza that my son wouldn’t eat, mking 😵

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

What do you mean? This floppy pizza doesn't look delicious to you?

uI7EBBADC-ySpD82nIttLSBMnvx_z4DEeg8hf6J5

I actually have  theory about why NCL's pizza is so bad. It's the same theory I have about why they always put out the lesser cookie types (oatmeal raisin vs. chocolate chip). If they put out pizza that was actually GOOD, then people would eat it and they would have to make way more of it.

This made me 😂🤣😂!  My husband and I love NCL but their pizza, well...your picture says it all! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, callmebetty said:

Toward the end of the cruise, they start cranking out the corn and ham pizza you know it's time to go home...

Ha!  The veggie pizza was corn today. Sigh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Debde said:

I'm from NY-I never expect to get good pizza on any cruise ship

I don't expect good pizza on a cruise ship, but that cardboard with tomato sauce is a crime against decency. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank goodness there's so many other food options that you won't starve! 

In all seriousness... Yes, the pizza sucks. I really enjoyed the pizza on Carnival. However, I wound up eating it every day because it was the best thing there. I'd rather have the variety and quality on NCL and just live without pizza for a week. Bonus that we sail NCL out of NYC so I get some excellent pizza the night before we leave 😉.

• Like 2

The pizza on Princess is consistently excellent. They must have a recipe that if followed

provides a great product. I believe Royal & NCL are tied for the most retch inducing garbage

that they probably purchase frozen from The Dollar Store!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, atanac said:

The pizza on Princess is consistently excellent. They must have a recipe that if followed

provides a great product. I believe Royal & NCL are tied for the most retch inducing garbage

that they probably purchase frozen from The Dollar Store!

That's an insult to frozen pizza. All the frozen pizza I have had has been far superior to NCL's. Even Celeste's with those weird, cubed pepperonis is better!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, mkmaj said:

Thank goodness there's so many other food options that you won't starve! 

In all seriousness... Yes, the pizza sucks. I really enjoyed the pizza on Carnival. However, I wound up eating it every day because it was the best thing there. I'd rather have the variety and quality on NCL and just live without pizza for a week. Bonus that we sail NCL out of NYC so I get some excellent pizza the night before we leave 😉.

where?  you are saying that ny pizza is good?, I have never found a decent nyc pizza, so what establishment?

Just now, Newleno said:

where?  you are saying that ny pizza is good?, I have never found a decent nyc pizza, so what establishment?

I'll be honest, I don't frequent NYC but anyone from Brooklyn or Long Island will point you to the closest corner where you are standing!!😏

Living in the NYC metro area my entire life, I haven’t found good pizza outside of it, with the exception of the Chicago area. According to Facebook groups, folks who left this area are missing it, apparently finding good pizza in the rest of the country is difficult (I went to college an hour away in Pennsylvania and never found decent pizza). I’ve never tried cruise ship pizza but my kids tell me it’s gross.

11 minutes ago, Newleno said:

🤣. Are you from Chicago? I'm from Ohio so basically anywhere near NYC or Chicago is excellent to me.

Edited by mkmaj

12 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Here’s a list (one of them is in my town). onebitee.jpg

thanks last year we cruised out of nyc 3 times, so your information might help,  We never had a decent pizza while there, just a bunch of way to much cheese in the middle of a floppy disk with no sauce, 

Edited by Newleno

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Pizza preference is pretty subjective, so saying where you can get the BEST slice is tricky. But I think we can all agree, no matter what our pizza preferences, that NCL's pizza is objectively terrible.

I can definitely agree that the pizza is in fact pretty bad but I caveat that with the fact that I have low expectations for buffet pizza.  I can say that I have definitely had my share of it when those pesky bartenders over-served me.   🙂

• Haha 1