Sun and Medallion

Quick and easy question. Have there been any modifications made on Sun Princess for the introduction of the Medallions? The reason I ask is that on a cruise on Ruby in November they had upgraded the cabin door locks as part of the introduction and as such I was told it wasn't possible to punch a hole in the cruise card to attach it to a lanyard.

Don't know about the Sun, but I was on the Sea Princess (sister ship) in November and I just checked my cruise card and see there is a hole punched in it.  I never use a lanyard but my cruise cards have always come with the hole already punched, including last November.

2 hours ago, mobiandy said:

Quick and easy question. Have there been any modifications made on Sun Princess for the introduction of the Medallions? The reason I ask is that on a cruise on Ruby in November they had upgraded the cabin door locks as part of the introduction and as such I was told it wasn't possible to punch a hole in the cruise card to attach it to a lanyard.

I was on the Sun Princess in October and no sign or mention of Medallion being installed. The Sun is getting a bit long in the tooth and might be getting close to being off-loaded and not be worth the expenditure.

Edited by By The Bay

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I was on the Sun Princess in October and no sign or mention of Medallion being installed. The Sun is getting a bit long in the tooth and might be getting close to being off-loaded and not be worth the expenditure.

I agree. I think it is unlikely the Medallion will be installed in either the Sun or the Sea Princess, however, we are just guessing. 😀

• Like 1

From Princess.

WELCOME TO OCEAN MEDALLION

Now available on Caribbean, Crown, Royal, Regal, Sky Princess and coming soon...

• 27 January 2020 - Ruby Princess
  • 29 March 2020 - Grand Princess
  • 15 June 2020 - Enchanted Princess
  • 16 August 2020 - Emerald Princess 
  • 16 October 2020 - Coral Princess
  • 20 December 2020 - Island Princess
  • 2 November 2020 - Discovery Princess

You will note that Golden and Star are not mentioned, presumably as they are going to P&O Oz. Since Sun and Sea are also not on the list it's a pretty fair assumption that Princess is not keeping them around either. Also missing is Pacific Princess.

The odd ones out are Majestic, Sapphire and Diamond. All doing East Asia/Australia cruising at the moment. I don't know what is happening there.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

17 hours ago, possum52 said:

As a reasonably new ship, I wonder why the Majestic is not on the list to receive Medallion? You would think she would have been included early.

Leigh

It seems that the ships that do a lot of Asian itineraries are not on the Medallion. I wonder if there is some reason that this would not appeal to passengers from Asia. I don't really know, just surmising.🙂

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 6:12 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

I'll be on her then too, but it's MedallionNet that I'll miss. On the Ruby it was game changing.

The Majestic uses Princessconnect, not quite as good as MedallionNet but far better than the by the minute internet of other ships.

P1080295.JPG

5 hours ago, MrPantsOz said:

The Majestic uses Princessconnect, not quite as good as MedallionNet but far better than the by the minute internet of other ships.

P1080295.JPG

Although too late for the posters above, Majestic will be upgraded to medallionNet in April this year.

8 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Although too late for the posters above, Majestic will be upgraded to medallionNet in April this year.

That's good news! I couldn't find any mention of Majestic being upgraded.

Leigh

3 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Thank you The_Big_M, I think that's when she is going to dry dock which would make perfect sense to add Medallionnet then.

Leigh