Unique RoyalUP Question - Multiple Staterooms to One Big Suite

Hi all,

I was unable to find an answer to our question and couldn't find anyone at RCCL to help.

Family (grandparents, parents, kids) are currently booked in a Junior Suite and directly across the hall from two interior staterooms (3 total staterooms, 2 people in each).

The JS reservation received the RoyalUP e-mail.  We are willing to pay the max bid for the multi-bedroom suite...if everyone can stay in that same stateroom.  Problem is...the RoyalUP system is made only for moving all people in a single stateroom to another stateroom, so calling the generic RCCL 800-number is a fruitless effort.

Is there someone high up on the food chain at RCCL that we can contact to make this happen (or at least find out what our options are)?  The generic customer service number is clearly not going to work.

Any advice is appreciated...particularly if there is someone at RCCL to contact about this situation.

Thanks,

Tim

Exactly.  If they do allow you to win the bid to the (suite formerly known as the RFS) 2 BR GS, you would have to cancel the other two cabins.  All penalties would apply.

Price wise, the RoyalUp bid amount is charged only for the first two occupants of a stateroom, regardless of the number of passengers.

I had this happen previous to royal up. I had 2 rooms For 6 and ended up Upgrading to the royal family suite after final payment. 
I did 

not incur an extra charge because the cabin needed 2 reservation numbers. The reservation system only allows for a max of 4 bpassengers.  

8 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I had this happen previous to royal up. I had 2 rooms For 6 and ended up Upgrading to the royal family suite after final payment. 
I did 

not incur an extra charge because the cabin needed 2 reservation numbers. The reservation system only allows for a max of 4 bpassengers.  

I would guess that anything that happened BEFORE RoyalUp wouldn't tell us what will happen WITH RoyalUp.

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I would guess that anything that happened BEFORE RoyalUp wouldn't tell us what will happen WITH RoyalUp.

True but in my scenario you could still possibly do this depending on the royal rep you get if you win the bid. It wouldn’t work for the 3 rooms without incurring cancellation fees. 

17 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

True but in my scenario you could still possibly do this depending on the royal rep you get if you win the bid. It wouldn’t work for the 3 rooms without incurring cancellation fees. 

Unfortunately, RoyalUP works through a third party. Its out of Royals hands once it kicks in

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, stompy said:

What if instead of cancelling, they just pushed out the date of the other 2 reservations a year and then added the other folks to the RFS?  Would RC let you add more people to a room if you got it through RoyalUP?

Royal will not allow you to add guests to a reservation won by a Royal up bid.

Also the other people are past final payment and would have to cancel, they can’t “push” their reservations out to a future date. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal will not allow you to add guests to a reservation won by a Royal up bid.

Also the other people are past final payment and would have to cancel, they can’t “push” their reservations out to a future date. 

I did confirm with RC that we can't push out their cruise to next year so we cancelled the bid on the VILLA SUITE-man that would have been nice

No one is saying you can't have your whole family in the royal suite.  You just wouldn't be able to cancel the existing inside staterooms.  Once on board, have family go to guest services to get the cards changed to have access to the suite. Still worth it. 

23 minutes ago, sonogal said:

No one is saying you can't have your whole family in the royal suite.  You just wouldn't be able to cancel the existing inside staterooms.  Once on board, have family go to guest services to get the cards changed to have access to the suite. Still worth it. 

That may not work depending on the class ship.  The room key is your access to full suite benefits.  The family members that need the keys are in inside staterooms I think.

Some Crown Loft Suites opened up on our next cruise.  We're currently in a GS with RoyalUP bids on a GS 2 Bed and an Owner's Suite.  If we upgrade to the CL Suite what happens to those offers since they'd technically be downgrades?  

Also, for things like the VILLA, Skyloft Suite  and the Aqua 2 Bedroom, would my minimums be reduced since I was in a higher category room?

40 minutes ago, stompy said:

Some Crown Loft Suites opened up on our next cruise.  We're currently in a GS with RoyalUP bids on a GS 2 Bed and an Owner's Suite.  If we upgrade to the CL Suite what happens to those offers since they'd technically be downgrades?  

Also, for things like the VILLA, Skyloft Suite  and the Aqua 2 Bedroom, would my minimums be reduced since I was in a higher category room?

If you self upgraded to a different room category you would need to ensure that you cancelled your prior bids. 

You should  then see new bid categories and amounts based based on your new room category