Celebrity or Norwegian

Fun lovin

Hi all

i am hoping to book a med cruise for end of June for my husband and myself. We have sailed with Celebrity before and loved it . We are looking at a sailing on the Apex or on Norwegian Epic. Just wondering peoples views on both.  We would be taking a balcony cabin =we are both in our early Very early 60's!!thanks 

This one isn’t even close. Miles apart. Go Apex!  I loved my Edge cruise and can’t wait to sail that beautiful ship class again. 

I really disliked Epic. I’ll never sail that ship again. There’s a reason NCL only built one of those garbage barges. 

16 hours ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

I really disliked Epic. I’ll never sail that ship again. There’s a reason NCL only built one of those garbage barges. 

NCL built one because of a contractual dispute with the shipyard.  The second ship was axed long before Epic ever saw a passenger.  That said, the design has proven to be one of the most divisive of modern cruise ships, and I'm sure some feel NCL was fortunate to dodge a bullet.  Personally I don't have much interest in Epic, but some folks still love it.

I find it kind of funny that it is being compared to Apex, an Edge class ship.  Edge's design has certainly elicited a wide array of positive and negative opinions as well.  For me, personally, I'd find it easier to deal with the Apex's negatives than those of the Epic, but that will vary from person to person.  It also deepens on cabin; suites on both ships rectify some of the issues people are most vocal about.