Beverage Cards

GeriatricNurse

21 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

Thanks Ruth.  I was assuming that someone would spend at least $25 (8.7 sodas with the 15% SC).   If they spent $25 or more for sodas, including the 15% SC, then the card becomes non-refundable.

Exactly. If you consume the $25 worth of soda you bought, then there is nothing of yours to refund. You just don't get the bonus soda or money. 

20 hours ago, RuthC said:

(bolding added) 
Not quite. There is a refund for what is unused up to the initial $25 only. 
The math is: subtract the $25 'bonus' from the $50 value to return to the $25 paid. 
Then, if less than $25 of soda was purchased, then the balance up to $25 will be refunded. 

So, if, for some reason, we have a card that isn't used at all, the $25 would be refunded? DH drinks soda big time, and I've done the Beverage Card before, but I think we'll try the Soda Card this time, and maybe save a bit of money. I'm just trying to figure out how much I need in cards. 🙂

54 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

So, if, for some reason, we have a card that isn't used at all, the $25 would be refunded? ...

I'm just trying to figure out how much I need in cards. 🙂

Exactly. You would be refunded all the money you had paid, but not used, knowing that it is your own money that is used first. 
Why not just buy one card at a time? They are always available on the ship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Exactly. You would be refunded all the money you had paid, but not used, knowing that it is your own money that is used first. 
Why not just buy one card at a time? They are always available on the ship. 

Thanks Ruth for this information about refunds on the soda card, I had not heard that before.

Somewhere else I read that these cards are only available on-line, is this not true?

2 hours ago, Tom O. said:

Thanks Ruth for this information about refunds on the soda card, I had not heard that before.

Somewhere else I read that these cards are only available on-line, is this not true?

You can buy them onboard, but they will not have your name on them.  That's the only difference.  Any unused portion is credited  to your onboard account.

5 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

You can buy them onboard, but they will not have your name on them.  That's the only difference.  Any unused portion is credited  to your onboard account.

I think you are confusing the Soda Value Card, with the Beverage Card. They are two different things. In most cases the Soda Value card, which is the one I am talking about, cannot be refunded. The beverage card unused balance is always refunded.

5 hours ago, crunchii said:

When you purchase the Beverage Card onboard, can you use the non-refundable OBC? And will the remaining balance still be refundable at the end of the cruise?

Yes, you can buy the beverage card with non refundable OBC.

I believe it is refundable still as I have had my small credit balance reimbursed to my on board account.  I did have a mix of non refundable and refundable OBC though. 

9 hours ago, Tom O. said:

I think you are confusing the Soda Value Card, with the Beverage Card. They are two different things. In most cases the Soda Value card, which is the one I am talking about, cannot be refunded. The beverage card unused balance is always refunded.

Yes, I was referring to the beverage card. 

17 hours ago, Tom O. said:

In most cases the Soda Value card, which is the one I am talking about, cannot be refunded.

The only time you can get a refund on the soda card is when you have not used $25 of it. Then you get the balance up to the $25 you spent in the first place. 

10 minutes ago, Pailful in ohio said:

Going on my first HAL we usually cruise X confused ...how do 

I order a soda card? Can the card also be used for specialty coffees?

Log in to the HAL site, your bookings and then you can pre-order the card on line (you will be immediately charged for it).

No, the soda card cannot be used for specialty coffees.  The regular beverage card can, though.

10 minutes ago, Pailful in ohio said:

All beverage cards can be found by going to "Already Booked" - "Cruise Activities" - "Beverages"

The soda value card is for soda only, but the other cards can be used for specialty coffees.

8 minutes ago, Pailful in ohio said:

Log into the HAL website. Go to Already Booked. Then select Manage My Bookings. Then select the tab Cruise Activities. You will then see several activities and one of them is Beverages. You can then scroll through the varies offerings until you find the Beverage Cards. 

If you buy them online they will be waiting for you in your room when you arrive. They can also be purchased on the ship. 

Well it looks like 3 of answered your question at the same time.

Just remember that there is no financial advantage with the Beverage Card, but there is also no financial risk. It you don't use it all, it will be refunded. And yes it can be used for any kind of beverage.

The Soda Value Card can save you money, but can only be used for sodas in restaurants and bars. It cannot be used for the cans of sodas found in the fridge in your room.