Ocean Cay bar menu with prices

cruisinCLT

can someone who has been to OC confirm that a drink package (we have premium on board) will give us drinks on shore.

I was under the impression that a separate package had to be purchased for OC, regardless if you have something on board or not.

28 minutes ago, hummer88 said:

can someone who has been to OC confirm that a drink package (we have premium on board) will give us drinks on shore.

I was under the impression that a separate package had to be purchased for OC, regardless if you have something on board or not.

All drink packages work ashore just as they do on the ship. 100%.  MSC changed that months ago, and got rid of their OC only drink packages about 4 or so weeks ago.. the selections aren't as varied ashore, but the drink packages definitely work on the island 

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

All drink packages work ashore just as they do on the ship. 100%.  MSC changed that months ago, and got rid of their OC only drink packages about 4 or so weeks ago.. the selections aren't as varied ashore, but the drink packages definitely work on the island 

So to the original poster’s question .. do these drinks include those priced at the levels covered by the Easy package?

13 hours ago, publicpersona said:

So to the original poster’s question .. do these drinks include those priced at the levels covered by the Easy package?

13 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Yes, the same drinks covered aboard are covered ashore. The frozen drinks, mixed fruit juice alcohol drinks, etc aren't covered, just like they're not on the ship.. There's menus posted in the numerous Ocean Cay posts from when it first opened last month.   Soda, water, limited beers, etc all covered. 

The menus are much smaller and much less options than aboard, as noted in MSC info, and by other posters. 

8 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

I find it very strange that the OC Island Tea costs only USD 6. 

LOL. That was my reaction as well.

Seeing the actual menu is very helpful. Thanks. It shows there are a decent variety of beverages available on OC for the Easy Package. I don't see any wines listed, but I understand the still shots from the video don't show the full menu necessarily.

Edited by publicpersona

20 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

LOL. That was my reaction as well.

Seeing the actual menu is very helpful. Thanks. It shows there are a decent variety of beverages available on OC for the Easy Package. I don't see any wines listed, but I understand the still shots from the video don't show the full menu necessarily.lo

Glad i could help! There was a wine section i just didnt take any screen shots of it. I actually took the screenshots to show my husband the drink options. We got the island drink package

Perfect. Here's the wine list from the video. Although there isn't a chardonnay available for Easy Package, the Sauvignon Blanc would be a better hot day wine anyway. There's a white sparkling, a white zin. Only red is a La Terrible Cab Sauv, but that would still pair OK with a hamburger.

Although these are very, very basic wine choices, I applaud MSC for hitting a price point for value seeking customers.

OCWine.JPG

5 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

On easy package, can one get the included non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri and a shot of rum?

I've read in this forum that this is commonly done. Would be good to know from those who have done this first-hand whether it was awkward or not. I'd be inclined to visit two different bars for that to avoid the risk of eyes rolling or heads shaking while my drink is prepared. Whether or not a dollar bill or two while ordering made the process "easier". Then again, wouldn't most people be getting a shot of rum to put into something else anyway?

Edited by publicpersona

18 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

I find it very strange that the OC Island Tea costs only USD 6. 

Would take one even I would have no drinks package and usually don´t drink cocktails 😄

Best value! I had several and they were very good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 6:45 PM, jdvmd said:

Best value! I had several and they were very good.

Thanks, happy to hear about the OC Island Tea, will make a nice change after 6 days of the same drinks onboard, where I plan on two shots plus a Coco Colada.  Is there an issue with getting the two shots and then the Colada?  Is there a wait time between drinks?

5 hours ago, Cruising_Gals said:

Thanks, happy to hear about the OC Island Tea, will make a nice change after 6 days of the same drinks onboard, where I plan on two shots plus a Coco Colada.  Is there an issue with getting the two shots and then the Colada?  Is there a wait time between drinks?

You probably already know this, but a long island iced tea is only $6 on the ship too.

It's my drink of choice, and at $6 it's a great value. We pay $10 at our neighborhood bar and grill :).

On 1/18/2020 at 3:26 PM, publicpersona said:

I've read in this forum that this is commonly done. Would be good to know from those who have done this first-hand whether it was awkward or not. I'd be inclined to visit two different bars for that to avoid the risk of eyes rolling or heads shaking while my drink is prepared.

We feel the same way - it feels a bit embarrassing.   But, more than that, it's MSC's ridiculously stupid policy.  

I admit that it was ME who booked this cruise before researching the EXTREME limitations of the Easy Package.  We probably wouldn't have booked if I had done my job.  Both because it reduces our pleasure and just on principle.   I don't like paying money for stupid.

We'll suffer thru with the embarrassment of me ordering vodka on lots of ice and a side shot of vermouth to make a martini (that 95% of the vermouth is poured down the sink is further evidence of the stupidity of this policy).  We'll never see these eye-rollers again anyway.

• Like 1

Is the Long Island Iced Tea really only $6 onboard? That's terrific news😃 Anyway, I had the Easy Package on a cruise around the Britis Isles last summer and got away with ordering several non-alcoholic drinks ( strawberry daquiris, pina coladas etc.) with a shot of rum on the side. Mind you, it took some stirring to mix it, and the rum was not Bacardi or another wellknown brand, but it definitely was a nice supplement to the 5 or 6 mixed drinks/cocktails that were the only ones at $6🍹