Guys Burgers...what did I miss?

scliq

Coming from Disney Cruise lines and the ridiculously bad burgers they served pool side, Guy’s tasted like heaven. Sure (insert burger chain here) might be better on land but you’re in the middle of the ocean. 

I’m also not a fan of in n out so 🤷🏻‍♀️. Everything tastes of onion, except the fries which taste of cardboard. 

On 1/10/2020 at 9:13 PM, scliq said:

I am very hesitant in asking but I figure I must have missed something....

I love burgers especially steak house ones so I was looking forward after reading all the raves to try a Guys Burger. When I try a burger for the 1st time I avoid most toppings, especially cheese,  that distract from the taste of the meat. I do also have ones afterwards with the works as well.

I was not impressed and actually disappointed with the Burgers so many here rave about. 

Yes they were better than your typical fast food burger but they were no where near as good as I expected or that I've had out or at home.

Is it just me or did I miss something? I even tried again on a different day hoping that either me or them were just off the 1st time. 

DH would tell you they are a slice of heaven.  I  think they are a greasy mess on a bun.  

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 11:46 PM, scpirate said:

Any more on a carnival ship the food isn't good it's edible about all.its really noticable when you cruise a carnival ship every 2-3 years with other lines in between.

I agree with you.....not a fan of Carnival food.  In general, I eat a healthy plant based diet.  On Carnival I have the Guys Burgers, with lots of toppings.  It's a delicious treat for me.  It's the toppings that do it, not the meat.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, April42749 said:

I agree with you.....not a fan of Carnival food.  In general, I eat a healthy plant based diet.  On Carnival I have the Guys Burgers, with lots of toppings.  It's a delicious treat for me.  It's the toppings that do it, not the meat.

I don’t eat hamburgers, but after people talked about how good the bun and toppings are, I may have to just try a bun with toppings. I have heard the fries are delicious.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I don’t eat hamburgers, but after people talked about how good the bun and toppings are, I may have to just try a bun with toppings. I have heard the fries are delicious.

Smart, and as you know you can go to the deli before or after getting your toppings at Guy's and try the grilled vegan burger if you like. I eat meat but not burger and the garden burger at the deli is made better still with the addition of Guy's condiments and toppings.

5 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Smart, and as you know you can go to the deli before or after getting your toppings at Guy's and try the grilled vegan burger if you like. I eat meat but not burger and the garden burger at the deli is made better still with the addition of Guy's condiments and toppings.

That’s a good idea. I eat meat, but I just have a thing about cheap ground beef that is probably shot full of who knows what. LOL

5 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

That’s a good idea. I eat meat, but I just have a thing about cheap ground beef that is probably shot full of who knows what. LOL

I hear you, a 5 pound chub of ground hamburger is sourced from over 400 head of beef on average. When I want a burger I grind my own sirloin and chuck. My family love the Guy's burgers on Carnival and they keep us coming back.

Edited by sanmarcosman

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I definitely take offense to this. You don't eat burgers, really, how about ground chuck or sirloin. 6oz Sterling Silver ground chuck, hand packed and charbroiled

IMG-0532.thumb.JPG.f2586f544f7c0e0b62d58f1b21b15e71.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

I definitely take offense to this. You don't eat burgers, really, how about ground chuck or sirloin. 6oz Sterling Silver ground chuck, hand packed and charbroiled

IMG-0532.thumb.JPG.f2586f544f7c0e0b62d58f1b21b15e71.JPG

Well, I’m sorry I offended you, but no, I don’t eat any type of ground beef. Not saying I haven’t eaten it before or won’t ever again, but haven’t eaten it in years. That does look good though.

• Like 1

there is a big difference between ground beef and ground steak. Ground beef is allowed to be made with a small % of organ meat, which is why chain restaurants cook thoroughly. We are allowed to serve rare or medium rare, because it's ground steak.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 7:31 PM, Joe817 said:

I loved the bread. I cannot remember tasting hamburger bread that good. 

We just came back from the Panorama and Guy's is our go-to snack area.  My 5 year old only eats the bun.  We received weird looks from everybody when I requested buns and fries.  But my daughter loves it.  I tasted the bun, it has a sort of garlic butter toast flavor.  No wonder my kid adores it. 

• Like 1