Disembarking in Copenhagen

g8trzz

My husband and I are going on a 14 day transatlantic cruise in April and will disembark in Copenhagen. We arrive at the port at 5 in the morning.  We are actually planning to take a train to Stockholm and wondered if the train left at 9 that morning if we would have enough time to catch it.  Can anyone tell me how far the train station is and what would be the best way for us to get there.  The ship does continue from Copenhagen so not everyone will be disembarking. Thanks so much!

Assuming Sky Princess. It is a 20 to 30 minutes drive by taxi from Oceankaj cruise terminal to Copenhagen Central Station (Hovedbanegården) at a Saturday morning.

If you disembark at 8 am you should have plenty of time. 

5 hours ago, g8trzz said:

My husband and I are going on a 14 day transatlantic cruise in April and will disembark in Copenhagen. We arrive at the port at 5 in the morning.  We are actually planning to take a train to Stockholm and wondered if the train left at 9 that morning if we would have enough time to catch it.  Can anyone tell me how far the train station is and what would be the best way for us to get there.  The ship does continue from Copenhagen so not everyone will be disembarking. Thanks so much!

@g8trzz

Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. 👍  

Since your new thread on the forum concerns a specific Port of Call, I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Europe - Northern Europe & Baltic Sea forum where it will be on-topic. This is where all things Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Reykjavik, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm & Tallinn are discussed. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members will have already posted questions and received answers that will help you.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience, and you might win a prize from Cruise Critic! emo34.gif See the latest list of winners: Write a Review and You May Win a Prize Like These Members Did! (January 9, 2020)

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, all. WIfe and I are also no this cruise (April 11) on Sky and disembarking at Copenhagen. We are arranging our own flight from CPH to Berlin and, of course, are concerned about the time we can get off the ship. There is an EZJet flight at 9:10am from CPH. If Sky docks at 5am (I assume at Oceankaj?), is it too risky to try and make that 9:10am flight? We will have no checked bags. . .

I meant to add to above post that Princess EZAir site defaults to flights that leave as early as 9:25am from CPH. Since we won't check bags at the airport - and probably take a taxi instead of a Princess transfer bus - wouldn't a flight 15 minutes earlier (at 9:10am) be a safe bet? Our other option is a flight about 2 hours later (SAS). And that goes to Stockholm, then Berlin and we lose a lot of time.

42 minutes ago, CenTexan said:

is it too risky to try and make that 9:10am flight

Unfortunately not that many flights to Berlin that day.
On a Saturday morning it should not take more than 30 minutes from Oceankaj to airport - no luggage and mobile check-in I cannot see any problems with a 09:10 departure.
It will probably also be more expensive with the Stockholm detour. I would go with Easyjet to TXL at 9:10

Easyjet also has a departure later in the day. 

But may I suggest something else that will give you credit with Gretha Thunberg 🙂

11:26 is there is a direct train to Hamburg, with a change of train there you will be in Berlin by dinner time. 

Right now Deutche Bahn has tickets on that route for 36 euro. 

Many thanks for replies!

D.V. - I will look into the train option today. We did the train from Hamburg to Copenhagen years ago and were completely surprised when we - train and all - ended up on a ferry. Wow! That was totally unexpected, and fun. For those of us not frequenting public transportation (read: US), trains can be a little formidable. But I think we would prefer that over a scene-less airplane ride. Any info/pointers for ticketing would be welcomed.

DV: Found the ticket! Could you please explain what is the "City-Ticket" included withe the Sparpreis Europa ticket is? It is included for an extra e4.60. We need to get from Oceankaj to Hordhavn Station. Would the "City Ticket" be valid for the Bus 27? Or only in Berlin? 

Here's from Bahn.de:

Outward journey
Sparpreis Europa
Train-specific travelicon_ausrufezeichen_grau_24x24.png
Cancellation before 1st day of validity subject to a fee in exchange for vouchericon_check_gruen_24x24.png
City-Ticket included

You're very kind! 

My research is showing that I probably cannot ride public transport in Copenhagen. That is because I must purchase a Rejsekort or have a mobile data connection/app on a smartphone. And since I do not have a chip & pin credit card nor any Danish cash, I have no way to ride the bus or train. Is this correct??? Surely not . . . 

There is a ticket machine at Oceankaj, but you probably need a chip and pin card but there is a atm at the kiosk near the bus stop.

But it is possible to buy a ticket on a text message but then you probably need a danish telephone number as well.

But I will follow up on that one as well.

Edited by Danish viking

We are a family of four adults disembarking Sky Princess on June 8. The cruise transfer from the cruise terminal to Copenhagen airport is $39 for each of us.

Would a taxi for four adults, each with one carry on size bag, be an option?  What would the approximate fare be, and is booking the taxi transport in advance possible?  Thanks in advance!

BizDoc - I found this in my research: https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Copenhagen-Denmark&from=Oceankaj+Terminal+1%2C+Nordhavn%2C+Hovedstaden+2150%2C+Denmark&to=Copenhagen+Airport&fromCoord=55.713452,12.619213&toCoord=55.618024,12.650763

If that site is up-to-date (who knows??) the taxi would be between USD $55.50 to $65.50. Even two taxis would be cheaper than 4 Princess transfers! 

But there is some value in the "security" of booking it through Princess.

1 hour ago, Danish viking said:

First one, mobile ticket will have to be on a danish mobile number.

The other alternative is to use the app, but then you´ll need wifi.

I believe the app is going to require DATA on the phone; wifi would not work even on the ship. Seems odd that the transport company would do this to tourists!

How else do you think it could work. 

You'll need internet to purchase a ticket, nothing else is not possible. 

The reason why you can't get on a text message without a Danish number is probably because its to difficult to collect the money if it's a foreign mobile provider. 

But old trustworthy cash or a ticket from the 2 ticket machines at Oceankaj is after all still possible. 

DK - are you saying one can still purchase paper tickets at ticket machines? And you must have a "chip and pin" credit card to use the machine, correct? Does the ticket machine take cash? I thought the Rejsekort replaced all paper tickets?

Sorry - but the information being posting is confusing.

Yes there is 2 ticket machines at Oceankaj, I'm not sure if they take cash but if not the bus driver will. 

Rejsekortet only replaced the old Klippekort system (A card with 10 trips at a reduced price) 

So for instance if you are going from Oceankaj to a downtown hotel you can pay a 24 kroner single ticket (2 zone ticket) or if you had Rejsekortet you would only be charged 15 kroner + a 1,60 kroner surcharge if you use the metro.

So to clarify, paper tickets still exist but they are a little bit more expensive that Rejsekortet. 

Tickets purchased on your mobile will be the same price as a paper ticket. 

On 2/5/2020 at 11:20 PM, CenTexan said:

DV: Found the ticket! Could you please explain what is the "City-Ticket" included withe the Sparpreis Europa ticket is? It is included for an extra e4.60. We need to get from Oceankaj to Hordhavn Station. Would the "City Ticket" be valid for the Bus 27? Or only in Berlin? 

Here's from Bahn.de:

Outward journey
Sparpreis Europa
Train-specific travelicon_ausrufezeichen_grau_24x24.png
Cancellation before 1st day of validity subject to a fee in exchange for vouchericon_check_gruen_24x24.png
City-Ticket included

The city ticket is only valid in german cities, so you'll need to buy a ticket for the 25 or 27 bus. 

If you don't have a chip and pin card or no data plan so you could by it on the app then I suggest that you'll get some small amount of danish kroners from your local bank. 

But be sure to get some 100 kroner or 50 kroner notes because a single ticket costs 24 kroner and I don't think that the bus driver can give you money back on a 500 or 1000 kroner note.

On 2/6/2020 at 3:19 PM, Danish viking said:

There is a ticket machine at Oceankaj, but you probably need a chip and pin card but there is a atm at the kiosk near the bus stop.

But it is possible to buy a ticket on a text message but then you probably need a danish telephone number as well.

But I will follow up on that one as well.

Does the machine use Apple Pay or similar?  I've used that at many ticket kiosks in Europe over the past few years, and it's very handy.