Parking - San Diego port

Hogladyrider

First time cruisers sailing out of San Diego, driving in from Yuma, AZ day of cruise, Feb 29th.

Looking for suggestions for parking for our 7 day cruise on the Oosterdam.

We feel like fish out of water as we are Floridians who are very familar with all the Florida ports.  We usually use park n cruise in Florida.

We've decided to spread our wings and venture out to new cruise line, new adventures.

Thanks in advance.

Susan

We always park at Aladdin. If you use Groupon, you can buy a slightly discounted price. I think the cost is $21 for two days, then the other days you end up paying full price which I think is now $18 or $19 a day for inside self parking. There are many parking lots in the cruise port vicinity, since it's also the area for the airport. Some of the outside lots are less expensive, and also have Groupon deals. Over the years we've found Aladdin to be the most reliable with their shuttle service. You have a choice of inside, outside, or valet parking there.

Edited by RSF Cruiser
forgot something

You could always come the day before and stay 1 night at a hotel that offers cruise parking?

This way you can relax and be in lovely San Diego for some time before your cruise.

Agree that there are tons of long term lots since downtown and the airport are barely 2miles apart.

There's a lot right across from the pier and between the pier and train station.  However, I agree come in the day before stay at a hotel with cruise parking.  They almost give you the room for free.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

On 1/12/2020 at 7:07 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

There's a lot right across from the pier and between the pier and train station.  However, I agree come in the day before stay at a hotel with cruise parking.  They almost give you the room for free.  

When were you last in San Diego? That lot has been replaced by a big hotel complex, and is no longer available for cruise parking. That's been the case for the last 3-4 years.

I would also recommend driving in the day before your cruise, and staying at one of the hotels that offers cruise-and-snooze parking. There are a number in the Embarcadero area. The cost of the hotel stay may off-set the cost of any of the off-site airport parking lots, which at the cheapest run $10/day (Aladdin mentioned above is one of the more expensive). 

4 hours ago, Splinter said:

When were you last in San Diego? That lot has been replaced by a big hotel complex, and is no longer available for cruise parking. That's been the case for the last 3-4 years.

I would also recommend driving in the day before your cruise, and staying at one of the hotels that offers cruise-and-snooze parking. There are a number in the Embarcadero area. The cost of the hotel stay may off-set the cost of any of the off-site airport parking lots, which at the cheapest run $10/day (Aladdin mentioned above is one of the more expensive). 

It's been awhile down staying down by the pier.  We usually stay up at Gas Lamp and now that I Google Earth it I do recall those bright yellow buildings be constructed the last time we were there on the old parking lot.  

19 hours ago, JennJ99738 said:

Can anyone recommend hotels by name that are reasonable and include parking?  Besides Aladdin?

Knowing your  dates and what you consider "reasonable" would help us to give you recs as prices change depending on when you are coming.

Some possibilities include:

the Wyndham across the street from the port

Comfort Inn at the Harbor

Best Western Bayside

Holiday Inn Bayside

There are others but they are not hotels that I know much about.

Just Google San Diego park n cruise hotels and you may find others.

Edited by riffatsea

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Knowing your  dates and what you consider "reasonable" would help us to give you recs as prices change depending on when you are coming.

Some possibilities include:

the Wyndham across the street from the port

Comfort Inn at the Harbor

Best Western Bayside

Holiday Inn Bayside

There are others but they are not hotels that I know much about.

Just Google San Diego park n cruise hotels and you may find others.

Thank you.  I am looking way far ahead to next Christmas.  I want to stay under $200 for the night with parking.  This list is helpful.  

On 1/16/2020 at 12:54 PM, JennJ99738 said:

Can anyone recommend hotels by name that are reasonable and include parking?  Besides Aladdin?

We are cruising 2/29 on HAL out of San Diego and I just booked Comfort Inn Park N Cruise pkg for $189.

Called the hotel direct the gentleman who took our reservation was very helpful;  includes free breakfast, free shuttle to and from port.

The price for Park N Cruise long term parking was $144 alone so this is well worth the extra.  We booked a nonsmoking king room.  

One more item off the "to do" list.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:54 PM, Hogladyrider said:

We are cruising 2/29 on HAL out of San Diego and I just booked Comfort Inn Park N Cruise pkg for $189.

Called the hotel direct the gentleman who took our reservation was very helpful;  includes free breakfast, free shuttle to and from port.

The price for Park N Cruise long term parking was $144 alone so this is well worth the extra.  We booked a nonsmoking king room.  

One more item off the "to do" list.

Thank you!  I will check them out.