Back to Back Discount

2prettygirls

It's not a crazy notion though, since Princess, a Carnival Corporation sister brand, does sell back to back 7 days as a 14 day. Perhaps other brands do too.

I was surprised though to see, for a random date I picked in February 2021 for a Princess 14 day, there is no savings in doing so. In fact booking it as a 14 day was actually $11 more than booking the two 7 days separately. I don't know if that's always the case or sometimes booking a 14 day saves you money.

On 1/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, 2prettygirls said:

Trying to do a price estimate for a back to back cruise. Does Carnival typically give you a discount for booking a back to back or is the price online pretty accurate by calculating the cost of both cruises?

No discount. I booked mine separately, and paid full fare. I called them to link them as a B2B after booking online. 

20 hours ago, Garth2 said:

For those of us who don’t live close enough to drive to the port you save a round trip airfare by booking back to back. 

^^This!^^

I have never called to link my B2Bs. They have always known even if I don't mention it. Even the Maitre d comes and asks for our seating preference for the second leg.

• 3 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 3:27 AM, Davey Wavey said:

^^This!^^

I have never called to link my B2Bs. They have always known even if I don't mention it. Even the Maitre d comes and asks for our seating preference for the second leg.

Does this occur even when one leg is booked through Carnival and the other leg through a travel agent?

I'll be doing my first back-to-back in the same room.  I had the second leg booked through a travel agent first.  When another Carnival Cruise of mine got cancelled today, I used that credit to book the cruise immediately before the second leg effectively making a back-to-back, albeit the first leg booked directly through Carnival and the second through the travel agent.

3 hours ago, plettza said:

Does this occur even when one leg is booked through Carnival and the other leg through a travel agent?

I'll be doing my first back-to-back in the same room.  I had the second leg booked through a travel agent first.  When another Carnival Cruise of mine got cancelled today, I used that credit to book the cruise immediately before the second leg effectively making a back-to-back, albeit the first leg booked directly through Carnival and the second through the travel agent.

I have done cruises booked at different times, but not booked through different sources. Feel free to call and link them to be sure. Carnival would love to talk to you!

If you are a shareholder I can tell you that if you book two consecutive 7 day cruises, rather than giving you $100 OBC for each ($200 total), they will give you the full $250 that they give for 14 day cruises.  So there is that.  Make sure you submit the OBC request for both cruises at the same time, though.