1st Cruise! Need help with dinner reservations

DeeniEncinitas

Well this Thursday 1/16 I can make my dinner reservations on Riviera!👍 I know from the west coast I will be able at 9:01 pm make them. So I went to my reservation and went to manage booking and see dining. Right now gives me info for PH 2 reservations 75 -  7 days prior to cruise to book .

I understand so far! 
So Question when I go to my booking at 9:01 pm will I just go to dining hit the tab and I will be able to make reservations?

I’m sure this is very easy but would

like to know!

Thanks everyone

Denise😊

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Well this Thursday 1/16 I can make my dinner reservations on Riviera!👍 I know from the west coast I will be able at 9:01 pm make them. So I went to my reservation and went to manage booking and see dining. Right now gives me info for PH 2 reservations 75 -  7 days prior to cruise to book .

I understand so far! 
So Question when I go to my booking at 9:01 pm will I just go to dining hit the tab and I will be able to make reservations?

like to know!

Thanks everyone

Denise😊

Yes. If you are including others on your cruise on your reservation,  you will need their names and booking numbers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I understand so far! 

like to know!

Thanks everyone

Denise😊

Pacific time? That would be 9:01PM of the day preceding your reservation date.

If you're doing a single segment short cruise (under two weeks) the process is easy. For multi-segment cruises, I encourage you to search here in CC for one of the many many threads on how multi-segment reservations need to be made. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Pacific time? That would be 9:01PM of the day preceding your reservation date.

If you're doing a single segment short cruise (under two weeks) the process is easy. For multi-segment cruises, I encourage you to search here in CC for one of the many many threads on how multi-segment reservations need to be made. 

Thank you Flatbush Flyer!

I have a 15 day TA then 4 days later a 10 day on Riviera. They have a 4 day  private cruise going on.

I know it’s not rocket science , just didn’t want any hiccups.

Appreciate you responding.

Yes west coast time👍
Denise😊

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Denise - it'ks fairly intuitive.

First you sign in, then pick the restaurant and then choose a date & time that appeals to you and then move on to the next restaurant.

Good luck!

Thanks Paul!!! I know it’s silly but just needed reinforcements! LOL. I‘ve been with HAL for so long it is second nature !!

I appreciate all the kindness from all since I started with O board over a year ago maybe I will become a Clydesdale instead if the little donkey ! Remember the Budweiser commercial from super bowl?

LOL!

Denise😊

• Haha 1

If this is booked as two cruises your first set will be done 75 days out. Then 4 days later you can do the second cruise. Unless of course Oceania did something weird and booked all of this as a combo. 

21 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I understand so far! 

like to know!

Thanks everyone

Denise😊

I'm on the same cruise with you and Jan 16th is the date to book and you're correct that you can start at 9:01 on the 15th.  I have to wait til midnight.  

What is odd is the change on the booking.  When we used to go to Manage my Booking there was a fairly prominent spot that said what day you could book your specialties but now it has disappeared.  The only thing you can see now is under dining where it says 75-7 days.  

The other thing I find odd is booking Privee.  The dates that Privee was open for bookings were there long before your date for booking specialties.  Now it says you can book Privee with Onboard credit but there is no booking engine to check availability.  Only option is to call if you wanted to book Privee.

Third odd thing.  I have never seen the first La Reserve dinner be scheduled on the day we leave- it has always been the day after we sail.

And finally, I am hoping for one of those special Sunday brunches that O sometimes have.  Easter Sunday, Apr 12 is a sea day.

5 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I'm on the same cruise with you and Jan 16th is the date to book and you're correct that you can start at 9:01 on the 15th.  I have to wait til midnight.  

What is odd is the change on the booking.  When we used to go to Manage my Booking there was a fairly prominent spot that said what day you could book your specialties but now it has disappeared.  The only thing you can see now is under dining where it says 75-7 days.  

The other thing I find odd is booking Privee.  The dates that Privee was open for bookings were there long before your date for booking specialties.  Now it says you can book Privee with Onboard credit but there is no booking engine to check availability.  Only option is to call if you wanted to book Privee.

Third odd thing.  I have never seen the first La Reserve dinner be scheduled on the day we leave- it has always been the day after we sail.

And finally, I am hoping for one of those special Sunday brunches that O sometimes have.  Easter Sunday, Apr 12 is a sea day.

The specialty booking date is prominently displayed on your web account's initial "manage my booking" page for each of your upcoming cruises.  I just checked and our four future cruises all have the date displayed.

6 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I just rechecked my bookings and when I hit manage bookings both of my cruises pooped up and way to the right shows my booking date. Your right it now shows 

what I said 75-7 days to book. 
I am happy with all the responses.

Denise😊

Just now, DeeniEncinitas said:

I just rechecked my bookings and when I hit manage bookings both of my cruises pooped up and way to the right shows my booking date. Your right it now shows 

Denise😊

Sorry popped up😳

Denise😊

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ORV said:

If this is booked as two cruises your first set will be done 75 days out. Then 4 days later you can do the second cruise. Unless of course Oceania did something weird and booked all of this as a combo. 

wouldn’t it be 19 days later?  15 day cruise + 4 day space between?

I have two reservations on my account.  After I click on "Manage Reservation" at the top left of the page and then log in, I click on "View All Booked Cruises," both cruises are displayed and the dates to make dinner reservations and excursion reservations are shown for each at the boxes to the right, in "to do" lists along with dates of deposit, due dates of final payment, and a link to Guest Registration Forms.

If I click on "Manage Booking"  on the top right of each cruise listed, I'm sent to a different page which has a menu that includes "Dining."  If I click on that it takes me to the page that simply show the 75-7 day booking period note

If I don't click on "View All Booked Cruises," I see only the first (upcoming cruise), and clicking on the "Manage Booking" goes to the page that lists "Dining" and clicking on that lead to the 75-7 day note.

So "View All Booked Cruises" is the way to see the actual reservation dates.  If you only have one booked cruise, does it have the  "View All Booked Cruises" link?  If not, then I don't know how you will the the to do list with the dates.

Edited by 1985rz1

52 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

42 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

Sorry, I meant to tag you both in my response, above, pooped or not.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

I have two reservations on my account.  After I click on "Manage Reservation" at the top left of the page and then log in, I click on "View All Booked Cruises," both cruises are displayed and the dates to make dinner reservations and excursion reservations are shown for each at the boxes to the right, in "to do" lists along with dates of deposit, due dates of final payment, and a link to Guest Registration Forms.

If I click on "Manage Booking"  on the top right of each cruise listed, I'm sent to a different page which has a menu that includes "Dining."  If I click on that it takes me to the page that simply show the 75-7 day booking period note

If I don't click on "View All Booked Cruises," I see only the first (upcoming cruise), and clicking on the "Manage Booking" goes to the page that lists "Dining" and clicking on that lead to the 75-7 day note.

So "View All Booked Cruises" is the way to see the actual reservation dates.  If you only have one booked cruise, does it have the  "View All Booked Cruises" link?  If not, then I don't know how you will the the to do list with the dates.

Been that way since, at least, the most recent major website overhaul in 2018.

50 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The specialty booking date is prominently displayed on your web account's initial "manage my booking" page for each of your upcoming cruises.  I just checked and our four future cruises all have the date displayed.

I

• Oceania Club
    Catherine Johnson
    Oceania Club Number  xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Tier Level: Gold
    Credits: 15
  • Order a Brochure
    Have our latest voyage and destination brochures mailed to you.
  • Edit Profile
    Update your contact information or change your password.

I agree.  That is always the way it has been til now.  I've checked on 2 computers and get this when I click  Manage my Booking

13 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Thank you 1985rz1 

I only have 1 cruise booked right now so didn't think to click View all booked cruises.  It does show when I click View all cruises

but I could have sworn it used to show if you just went to your booked cruise and hit Manage my booking.

8 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thank you 1985rz1 

I only have 1 cruise booked right now so didn't think to click View all booked cruises.  It does show when I click View all cruises

but I could have sworn it used to show if you just went to your booked cruise and hit Manage my booking.

So, now you know the importance of always having multiple Oceania cruises booked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

So, now you know the importance of always having multiple Oceania cruises booked.

Maybe one cruise booked is why I can't see what nights Privee is available.  Can anyone check Privee on their cruises in the next 3 months and tell me if it shows for them?

11 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Maybe one cruise booked is why I can't see what nights Privee is available.  Can anyone check Privee on their cruises in the next 3 months and tell me if it shows for them?

Hi I just checked my cruise and yes La Reserve I can book But Privee just describes the restaurant no reservations!

Denise😊

PS I also checked my next cruise as well and no to Privee!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Actually, it seems that "View All Cruises" is available to the one cruise booked folks.

But you have to admit that Oceania's site is not the most intuitive.

Sorry we didn't meet on the Dec 7 Sirena cruise out of LA.  It's always nice to put a face together with a poster.

Edited by 1985rz1

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thank you 1985rz1 

Oceania's site is not the most intuitive.