5 ships on the same day?

Tapi

Hi,

We just booked the Freedom of the Seas, stopping in St. Kitts.  Cruise Timetable is showing 5 ships calling there on that day (including Celebrity Equinox, Aurora, Crystal Serenity, Sea Dream I, and the Freedom of the Seas). Has anybody been there when there are that many ships in town? I have to say that I was a bit surprised to see so many ships there in one day. Having Cozumel and Nassau flashbacks. 🤪 I didn’t even realize that they had the facilities to handle that number of ships. Thanks for any input. 

Edited by Tapi

They recently opened their second pier at the port so they can handle more ships.  They have a few issues with the new pier but it will allow more ships to dock and eliminate the need to tender passengers to the port. As a non-cruising visitor we would either stay away from the crowds or not go out until they left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Can't imagine the passengers on Sea Dream are going to be very amused-- paying a huge premium to be on a ship with only 100 passengers only to wade into 10,000 cruise passengers onshore. 

I thought that too. Maybe they’ll anchor somewhere else and tender so that they don’t have to deal with the “riff raff” from the big mass market ships. 😂

6 hours ago, paul58 said:

Many of the small ships do anchor offshore and tender into the port.

The tenders on the little SeaDream ships are at least twice as fast as the tender of a large cruise ship-- almost like little speedboats. 

More than likely they will be docking at the Deep Water Harbour dock which is over a bit from the main cruise pier. We've docked there with both SeaDream and the smaller Seabourn Pride (since retired) leaving the main dock to the big ships. 

Edited by princeton123211

Its more like 4 ships as that small vessel can be discounted in therms of crowd effect.

If you are planningf a beach day, there will be competition depending on how soon yiu can get off the ship and which beach you are heading to

If you are planning the sightseeing option, you should be fine even with 4 ship (may end up paying few USD more pp but you should not have difficulties getting a tour even after disembarking) 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, MICHE99 said:

WOW. I am on a different but there are also four ships in town. If we choose to make it a beach day, how early should we get to the beach? Thanks.

Your choices are:

Carambola, but it's a T'erd destination - If happy with T'erds, book your beds in advance direct online.

Marriott, but use the Ellis Protocol 

Or Park Hyatt, book direct as spare capacity places are limited.

So..... I actually “clicked” on resortpass dot com.  When I entered the actual date it switched to the fees that the Park Hyatt quoted. Exactly. $50 must be off off off season. The Park Hyatt said we could come there and buy the pass though. 🤔 Hmmmm. We plan to play it by ear and wait until we are there to decide. 

Thank you everyone!!!