Very little Grandiosa Reviews

floridian1

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

I wrote a review of my late Nov Grandiosa cruise. Do you have specific questions not covered in my review?  I can provide an American's point of view.

Are there any American plugs in the rooms? Does the room have a hair dryer? On the sailings in Europe, did you see any American beers (Mich Ultra, Coors Light, Bud Light, etc) onboard? Do they serve Coke or Pepsi products?

Thanks so much!

12 minutes ago, saintsfan777 said:

Are there any American plugs in the rooms? Does the room ha ve a hair dryer? On the sailings in Europe, did you see any American beers (Mich Ultra, Coors Light, Bud Light, etc) onboard? Do they serve Coke or Pepsi products?

Thanks so much!

Yes, there are American style outlets in the Grandiosa. Keep in mind that your room card turns on the electricity and cell phones and tablets won't charge when you are out. 

there is a hairdryer in the desk drawer and you can bring your flat iron. 

There were some American beers but you really should experiment with European beers. I don't drink soda, so I can't answer. MSC doesn't offer iced tea, or lemonade, or fruit drinks at the buffet.

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

I wrote a review of my late Nov Grandiosa cruise. Do you have specific questions not covered in my review?  I can provide an American's point of view.

Thanks Markanddonna, I've read all the reviews with interest. They are very mixed and I think if people haven't tried MSC before they find it's a bit different and not always to their liking.  

I've cruised a few times with MSC both in the USA and Europe and enjoyed them all and have learned to tune out to the announcements after the English one. 

I'm just excited to be going on 1. a new ship and 2. a huge ship.  So keen to learn as much as I can. 😊😊

We cruised on Grandiosa December 19 , our 8th MSC cruise, in a Bella inside accessible cabin on deck 8 . 

We ate in the Butcher’s  cut steak house for one night, the pub for a couple of meals , all other meals we had in the buffet, there was a personal reason for that. 

Having been on Meraviglia and Bellisima earlier in the year we looked forward to seeing the changes on Grandiosa and were not disappointed.. the Galleria is larger  with an added venue for music and drinking and people watching .  My biggest complaint was lack of seating in the evening on  the Galleria on the other two ships. 

We went to all of the shows in the theatre and enjoyed them. You have to make a reservation either on the app or on the screens located around the ship N.B. You cannot make reservations more than 2/3 days in advance for each show. 

There are usb charging points at the bed side lights. 
I love the light system MSC have for  Do not disturb and Make up my room you just have to remember to use it . 😆.

If you are in Yacht club and cruised with RCI and know Raj who was Concierge with RCI don’t be surprised to see him, we have known him years , great guy .

There are enough files and photos out there if you google what you are looking for but if any specific questions fire away but not to do with Yacht club or the Spa. , never went in either . 😆 

Edited by heatherb1958

1 hour ago, lovetoholiday said:

Thanks Markanddonna, I've read all the reviews with interest. They are very mixed and I think if people haven't tried MSC before they find it's a bit different and not always to their liking.  

I've cruised a few times with MSC both in the USA and Europe and enjoyed them all and have learned to tune out to the announcements after the English one. 

I'm just excited to be going on 1. a new ship and 2. a huge ship.  So keen to learn as much as I can. 😊😊

The only time the announcements got to be too much was when they were given in seven languages (to include Japanese or Korean and Chinese.) The ship passenger composition was about 1/3 Asian, so that was necessary.  People were either ignoring the muster calls or they were confused and didn't show up, so they kept making the announcements. This didn't happen on our first few nights, but the last night was excessive. 

The ship really is lovely and the theater entertainment was great. 

How were the cirque du soleil shows? Which one do you think two boys (age 12 and 10) would enjoy more?  What about the theater shows?

did you do any MSC excursions? any tips in port?

did you see donuts in the buffet? my kids LOVED them on the seaside.

14 hours ago, floridian1 said:

How were the cirque du soleil shows? Which one do you think two boys (age 12 and 10) would enjoy more?  What about the theater shows?

did you do any MSC excursions? any tips in port?

did you see donuts in the buffet? my kids LOVED them on the seaside.

Hi there , we did  not go to either of the Cirque shows. 

We went to all the theatre shows and enjoyed them all, fabulous costumes, the singers and dancers were really good. MSC theatre shows are short but they do know how to put on a spectacle. One is based on the Adams family. 
The first and second shows are the busiest, no problem getting a seat at the 10.30pm show, remember to make your reservations on the app once you are onboard  and don’t forget to include all your party . Some people thought reserving for themselves only included all in the cabin. Your card is scanned as you enter the theatre . 

lots of pastries in the buffet , love the croissants but don’t eat donuts , I am sure they would have been there . 

No to MSC excursions, we had  been to all the ports before and just had a wander around the towns , mainly me solo .

Edited by heatherb1958

16 hours ago, floridian1 said:

How were the cirque du soleil shows? Which one do you think two boys (age 12 and 10) would enjoy more?  What about the theater shows?  I've seen other cirque shows and the Excentrix was a bit weird and the talent rather ordinary. For a theatre dedicated to Cirque show, I guess I was expecting more.

did you do any MSC excursions? any tips in port? We only did one MSC excursion, but it was the Aix en Provence do it yourself. It worked well for us. I have heard that a big drawbrack on MSC excursions is that they are not one language specific. You get the same narration or talk in several languages. I imagine you would not know until you were actually on the excursion to see if this is the case. I would not like that.

did you see donuts in the buffet? my kids LOVED them on the seaside.  Really, I don't recall seeing donuts. I think I would have remembered them.  Most of the morning pastry was of the puffed pastry variety.