Half and Half

21 hours ago, felton183 said:

We were on Brilliance of the Sea last March and they had no half/half in the main dining room at breakfast????  The waiter had to run to the buffet to bring the table half/half, very nice and we told him it was ok but why should he have to!  Just venting and wondering why this was a problem.  Sailing on Oasis in March, hope they have plenty of half/half😊

we had the same experience on Oasis a few years ago. Same result as the waiter seemed more than happy to get some for us.

48 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

we had the same experience on Oasis a few years ago. Same result as the waiter seemed more than happy to get some for us.

This is the first time in 30 some cruises.  I was wondering if it was a new Royal issue.  Looks like it was just my luck.

22 hours ago, CruisingAlong4Now said:

BTW, I have found half and half to be an American thing.  Generally not available in Europe.  

From the name I assumed it was half fat milk 🥛... it tasted revolting in my tea! Why would anyone want cream in tea? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by little britain

When my wife and I found it difficult last week to find half&Half, we would take our Daughters whipped Cream from her pancakes and use that instead. It made the coffee a little frothy and actually was quite nice!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drock20J said:

When my wife and I found it difficult last week to find half&Half, we would take our Daughters whipped Cream from her pancakes and use that instead. It made the coffee a little frothy and actually was quite nice!

Poor kid.  😉

• Haha 1

I noticed the start of halfandhalfgate a couple years ago.  Instead of half and half in a creamer container for room service they started bringing those little sealed cups.  I love half and half in my coffee and that is what I use at home.  I have also noticed in the suite lounges it is now milk offered in the mornings for coffee.  So now it is disappearing ship wide.  Hmmmm.

Hello,

Many (very many) years ago there was a chain of coffee houses in the west country with waitresses in pinnies and little hats - like country house maids. Your choice of coffee using beans freshly ground for you, was served with half cream in tiny jugs beside the cup.

Regards,

Cublet

7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I noticed the start of halfandhalfgate a couple years ago.  Instead of half and half in a creamer container for room service they started bringing those little sealed cups.  I love half and half in my coffee and that is what I use at home.  I have also noticed in the suite lounges it is now milk offered in the mornings for coffee.  So now it is disappearing ship wide.  Hmmmm.

I have also noticed in the Allure suite and Anthem concierge lounge that after the breakfast items are removed, all you are left with is that frothy business available from the coffee machine.  Ugh.  I have stocked up on cream for my fridge for off hours coffee enjoyment.  They used to at least offer the little plastic cups during non breakfast hours.  I imagine someone decided the froth was good enough for us.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Hey, I started a "gate".  A first for me 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, felton183 said:

So I guess from what everybody is saying you should bring your own if that is what you like in your coffee🤣

I would say that Royal should provide what is expected without the hassle of asking and waiting.  Just my $.02