Boston wine and soda stop

senoragilbert

Hi! I promise I looked this up as many ways as I could think of before posing a new question. Thanks in advance to the local experts for your advice!

We are flying in to Logan at about 9:30 am on a Saturday. We want to make a quick stop somewhere en route or not too far off the route for a case of Diet Dr Pepper and two bottles of wine: a Moscato d’Asti and an Apothic Red or similar (hubby isn’t too picky). In looking at the maps, it seems there is a gourmet grocer called Cardullo’s that would be great for wine, but will they have such a pedestrian case of soda? Is there somewhere in the area that will have both of these items in one stop, if Cardullo’s won’t work?

We aren’t making an overnight this time because we come to Boston about once every two years to see my grandmother, so we’ve done the Freedom Trail, the museums, and eaten our weight in Italian pastries and lobstah rolls. 🙂

Thanks again for your help. I’m enjoying reading this board and the wonderful people who help answer questions on it are a blessing! Thanks! 

Google ‘boston seaport district wine’ to get the names of three wine stores in the area.  You can call to see if they stock what you want.

The 711 might have your soda,  

7-Eleven

200 Seaport Blvd

Open 24 hours · (617) 737-2695

• Like 1

If the 7-11 doesn't have your soda call Stop & Shop in South Boston 713 E Broadway, South Boston, MA 02127 (617) 269-7989. This is sort-of on your way to the ship (not quite but it's the closest big grocery store). You may want to ask them if they sell wine. I can't tell from their website if this location does or doesn't.  

the Trader Joe's in the Seaport does not sell wine.

• Like 1

There is also a CVS in the Seaport district that will have 12 packs of soda. The Stop & Shop is a good alternative a bit more out of the way.  If you go there, Social Wines is nearby and is a great wine and liquor store

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wine is available at certain grocery stores, but not at convenience stores.  There is a great wine and gourmet shop we discovered in the Seaport area on Saturday called Cardullo's.  Many locals know them from their decades long location in Harvard Square.

Sundays are ok, some places might open later than on a weekday

Edited by Nitemare

What is your cruise lines policy for carry on soda and wine? I don't think Carnival allows soda any more and Royal only allows   12 sodas per cabin as a carry on. Two bottles of wine should be ok, but again, as a carry on only.