Formal nights horizon

carribbound

On 1/15/2020 at 10:53 PM, Saint Greg said:

I have two sets of Horizon Fun times. On the 7-day it was the first sea day and grand Cayman day. On the 8-day it was the first and second sea days. I haven’t eaten specialty on elegant night but I believe they are elegant as well.

https://saintgregtravel.com/fun-times/

Do you happen to have the menus for the horizon itinerary Cozumel, Ochos Rios and Grand Cayman ? Thanks for posting the fun times. 

17 minutes ago, jennybeek said:

Do you happen to have the menus for the horizon itinerary Cozumel, Ochos Rios and Grand Cayman ? Thanks for posting the fun times. 

I think the MDR menus are pretty much the same on all ships but have different port day menus. The closest I will have would probably be my Glory cruise from August that went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay instead of Ocho Rios. You'd have to look at each individual day around dinner time for the menus. The first night I ate in the steakhouse but still posted the MDR menu. I'll see if I can dig up an ocho rios menu.

https://saintgregtravel.com/category/cruise-blog/glory/

37 minutes ago, jennybeek said:

I wasn't able to find a picture of the Ocho Rios port of Call menu but I did find a description:

"The “Port of Call” offers a special cocktail, appetizer and entrée. The Ocho Rios cocktail was pirate punch made with Bacardi Rum, Bacardi 8, Amaretto and orange juice ($8.95). Port of Call appetizer was jerked chicken wings served with banana chips and jicama slaw. Entrée was shrimp curry, sautéed shrimp in Caribbean curry sauce with lemongrass, chilies and tropical fruit, served with coconut rice."

On 1/16/2020 at 11:30 AM, teknoge3k said:

Typically your elegant nights (Carnival dropped "formal" years ago) are your second night, and second to last night. Sometimes it's a sea day, sometime it isn't. 

Yes, I’m aware it is Aka “elegant”. Thank you

I know (I am old fashion in some ways) it takes WORK to dress up, but that is what I like!  When my 3 son's and 3 d-i-l's went with me and a friend a couple years ago, they SURPRISED me by wearing suits with bows and kerchief's to MATCH my 3 d-i-l's color of dresses.  To say the least, "everyone" was noticing how NICE we all looked!  I was so PROUD that they wanted to do this for ME.  Yes, they can be lazy (sorry if I ruffle your feathers, but that is ME talking) for the rest of the trip, other than elegant nights. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 10:53 PM, Saint Greg said:

I have two sets of Horizon Fun times. On the 7-day it was the first sea day and grand Cayman day. On the 8-day it was the first and second sea days. I haven’t eaten specialty on elegant night but I believe they are elegant as well.

https://saintgregtravel.com/fun-times/

I cannot tell you how excited I am to see that you have a website--always love your reviews. Question though--on the Horizon fun times (8 day) it looks like they've added an early (530) comedy show compared to other ships I've been on. Is it an additional PG show? Or am I interpreting wrong?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vitamin Sea Addict said:

I cannot tell you how excited I am to see that you have a website--always love your reviews. Question though--on the Horizon fun times (8 day) it looks like they've added an early (530) comedy show compared to other ships I've been on. Is it an additional PG show? Or am I interpreting wrong?

That is super early. Most ships early comedy starts at 7-7:30. I would say since the Vista class comedy club doubles as the night club, they try to get the comedy over earlier. Vista and panorama have comedy starting at 6:15...which is early. 5:30 is extra early though.

I wonder if early diners have complained that they miss all of the PG shows and they’re testing getting one in before early dining. A 5:30 show would be over at 6 which is when they have early dining start on that fun times.

On 1/20/2020 at 4:15 PM, coevan said:

no it's not, what are suggesting is "formal" which they have not had in years. I too never bring a jacket or tie and ate at every venue

Sorry, I was imprecise with my language. I meant Cruise Elegant (Carnival's term, not mine). I never suggested nor meant to suggest a jacket or tie was required. I wore a jacket but not a tie but the jacket was my choice.

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That is super early. Most ships early comedy starts at 7-7:30. I would say since the Vista class comedy club doubles as the night club, they try to get the comedy over earlier. Vista and panorama have comedy starting at 6:15...which is early. 5:30 is extra early though.

I wonder if early diners have complained that they miss all of the PG shows and they’re testing getting one in before early dining. A 5:30 show would be over at 6 which is when they have early dining start on that fun times.

I had never seen them that early until I looked at the FunTimes you had posted on your site. I was t surprised too but haven’t been on the vista class since last March.