Cabin S103 on the Sky

ambelina

We will be sailing on the Sky Princess in cabin S103 which is a premium oceanview with a large picture window. We were wondering if there is alot of motion, noise, etc. in this cabin.  We have previously sailed in interior or oceanview but mostly balcony or mini suites. Would you sail in this cabin?

Edited by ambelina
Did not have a title

2 hours ago, ambelina said:

We will be sailing on the Sky Princess in cabin S103 which is a premium oceanview with a large picture window. We were wondering if there is alot of motion, noise, etc. in this cabin.  We have previously sailed in interior or oceanview but mostly balcony or mini suites. Would you sail in this cabin?

Yes there will be a lot of motion.

I would stay in the S103 -- with my seasick-susceptible husband. Having stayed way forward on Observation (tenth) deck on HAL Vista class ships, which are <2/3rd the tonnage, with barely perceptible motion and no seasick, I would not expect to feel motion on the Sky Princess.

Sorry to differ with Keith!

Also it should not be a noisy cabin -- you have cabins below and "nothing" above -- it looks like a non-public deck? and some antennas ... Not seeing deckchairs/furniture that might be dragged around.

• Like 2

Although I have not stayed in S103 on SKY,  I have stayed in D106 on Emerald, which is all the way forward; and did not have any motion issues.  I have S108 booked on Sky this year.  Look forward to the cabin.  

I have S104 on the Discovery in March 2022. I don't mind if there is motion, it doesn't bother me. When I spoke to Princess about booking this cabin, I spoke to a wonderful agent that had been on the Sky when they floated it out. He got a tour of all the cabins. When he saw what cabin I had put on hold he was excited for me saying it was an amazing cabin because of the windows and view. I was debating between this OV and a Balcony. His response was so great and since he had seen this cabin, I was sold on the OV.  I'm excited for this new ship to come to the went coast!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I would stay in the S103 -- with my seasick-susceptible husband. Having stayed way forward on Observation (tenth) deck on HAL Vista class ships, which are <2/3rd the tonnage, with barely perceptible motion and no seasick, I would not expect to feel motion on the Sky Princess.

Sorry to differ with Keith!

Also it should not be a noisy cabin -- you have cabins below and "nothing" above -- it looks like a non-public deck? and some antennas ... Not seeing deckchairs/furniture that might be dragged around.

On the Sky TA she was rocking and rolling for quite a few days.

A ton of movement. Especially all the way forward.

Walking was a challenge much of that time.

I was aft in the 700's on Marina deck and it was a lot for me.

Had friends forward on Sky deck near the pool.

They had a terrible time. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 5:37 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

On the Sky TA she was rocking and rolling for quite a few days.

A ton of movement. Especially all the way forward.

Walking was a challenge much of that time.

I was aft in the 700's on Marina deck and it was a lot for me.

Had friends forward on Sky deck near the pool.

They had a terrible time. 

We were on the same TA.  I guess some things are subjective.  The pool was only closed one day due to moderate seas causing the ship to pitch a bit making the pool slosh bow to stern and back.  The rest of the days were pretty calm, in our opinion.  We did not notice much rolling.

We have it booked for the Mediterranean so hopefully there will be less movement than a transatlantic. Thank you for your responses. How is the size of the room and I assume that it has great views out of the large windows. Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Sorry to revisit an old thread but cannot find any upto date feedback on these cabins.  I'm considering one for 24 night ex Southampton to Canada cruise departing 23/9/23.  How did those who have sailed in these rooms find it please - I have a choice of two s104 or s105.  Thank you.

Think it’s the same area we’ve been in s107 twice the bed faces the front of the ship but is the big window suite, we did both a choppy seacation and a choppy Norwegian fjords in the same cabin with no issues with movement but we don’t get seasick, when we walked past the ocean view they looked quite nice and can remember seats in the window area behind the net curtain 

• Thanks 1