Caribbean Princess for Young Adults?

basicprincess24

Would those of you who have sailed Caribbean Princess recommend the ship for young adults? We're looking for a summer cruise with some friends, and are liking the Princess promos right now, but are wondering if we'll feel at home on this ship, since we usually sail with NCL. We aren't nightclub/party people, but we do enjoy a lively atmosphere - we frequent pubs and taprooms at home. 

Edited by basicprincess24

A summer Caribbean cruise will have lots of families and generally a younger demographic.  Plenty of bars to gather including indoors and outdoors. There will be live entertainment all evening with a party band, easy listening, probably some classical, individual entertainers such as a guitar player/singer, piano entertainers in the various venues. The Caribbean has a large splash/youth pool for families on the upper deck which should keep the main pools from being occupied by children. The Terrace Pool and the pool by the spa are adults only. One downside of the Caribbean is the theater. Just not enough seats. You have to arrive 45 minutes early for productions shows and an hour early for Bravo, one of the best with live orchestra enhanced with strings and other musicians. If it's a good value I would go for it. I think right now a summer Caribbean cruise may be offered with the Premium Beverage Package, wi-fi and gratuities, under the Best Sale Ever promo.

• Like 1

I've been on the Caribbean Princess twice in the last three years.  It is an older ship, but is in very good condition. Plenty of bars to hang out and enjoy.  During the summer, there will be more families so a more varied age demographic.

What is a young adult these days :)?  My wife and I just returned from our first cruise, a 14 day holiday circle on the Caribbean Princess.  We are both in our 30's.  I found there to be a good mixture of quite young, college aged, young adult, mature adult, and senior passengers on the ship.  We are a bit concerned initially after booking the cruise as we were told by friends that "Princess is for old people".  During our time on board, it was not.  A good mixture, noting the crowd was older.  If I had to guess, the average age on the ship would have been mid-50s, median low 60s.  That being said, we enjoyed our time quite a bit with some of the folks in the "senior" group, don't count them out.  Each night, we'd visit a variety of the entertainment options onboard, spending much of our time with the band "Project 5" in the Explorers Lounge.  Then, we'd head up to the Skywalkers nightclub for after-hours entertainment.  Many of the folks in the entertainment sections don't do the "party" thing, but instead enjoy a drink while taking it all in. 

Note, we did chat with many of the staff members onboard and they advised that our cruise was "younger" than the typical cruise, given the holiday period.  I suspect a summer cruise would be similar.  Cruise outside of the general holiday periods I and can see the age demographic swimming to the upper end of the spectrum. 

We enjoyed the cruise so much, we have already booked another holiday cruise for later this year, on the Enchanted.  Again, we are in our mid/upper 30s, not sure if that counts for young adult these days, but we do fall into the millennial category.  We chose Princess in part because we wanted to avoid the party ships; we are happy with our choice.  

Hope this helps, happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the ship and entertainment.  This board was so helpful in my wife and I preparing for our cruise, I'd be delighted to return the favor.

Edited to add, the Piazza was a great place to hang out, day or night.  I spent much time during the day sitting around drinking tea and people watching.  In the evenings, a drink from Good Spirits and whatever entertainer was assigned to the Piazza was always fun.  If a more intimate atmosphere was needed, Crooners was just a few steps away.  

Cheers

Edited by blloydtbird
  • Like 1