Great 9 Night Explorer Cruise (10 Jan - 19 Jan)

GMoney

Finishing up a great 9 night cruise on Explorer. Was very concerned by some reviews going into the cruise, but things have gone well. Service good to excellent (especially in Schooner Bar and Giovannis Table). Ship is older and shows her age in spots, but no major issues or anything impacting my cruise. I’ve enjoyed sailing on the last Voyager class ship that still resembles her original design. The 9 night itinerary is the best - perfect pace of sea days and islands (ABC). 

Edited by GMoney

3 minutes ago, GMoney said:

Finishing up a great 9 night cruise on Explorer. Was very concerned by some reviews going into the cruise, but things have gone well. Service good to excellent (especially in Schooner Bar and Giovannis Table). Ship is older and shows her age in spots, but no major issues or anything impacting my cruise. I’ve enjoyed sailing on the last Voyager class ship that still resembles her original design. The 9 night itinerary is the best - perfect pace of sea days and islands (ABC). 

Good to know thanks.  I'm doing the 9 nighter in Feb.  Nice to get the ABCs for a change

15 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I was really hoping to do this one next year, but bought a new cabin, so have to be thrifty for a while 😞. Hopefully we can do it in a couple of years!

Royal sold you a cabin?!   Interior or exterior?  On what ship?  Do you get to cruise permanently in YOUR cabin?  Oh wait...

• Haha 2

Thanks for that info GM.  We are also boarding soon.

How was the headline entertainment?  Was there a nice cover band?  Did you find any “can’t miss” excursions?

Most importantly (tongue in cheek), what are the questions to trivia sessions?

NO, I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!  Just for me, maybe not you, but B2B cruisers, or the guy last year who was on board the ship for months, getting 20 out of 20 on EVERY game, while the best of the rest may be at 15…That is a SHALLOW VICTORY.  

Glad and to see a nice report on Explorer.

Eddie

eddie from cincy: if you go to the roll call for the jan 24th sailing of the explorer i listed the entertainment for  the ship that performed two weeks ago....Alot of folks liked them...there is also a cover band that usually starts around 8 p.m. and they are great...Good comic, another good magician, and a band from detroit  called horizon that does some good "motown"  No guarantee that they are still  onboard, but i am hoping ....headliners aren't what they used to be, but this ship is better than some of the others in the rccl fleet...there is also a caribbean theme band at the pool in the afternoon which some of the other small ships do not have...Only thing  i will miss is a three way and a couple of cheese coneys from the dixie in newport ky...Hope this helps......