200 OBC for cancelled cruise

Dan83

I was booked on one of the cancelled Liberty sailings for spring 2021. I chose one of the listed alternate options. Good deal with the price protection and 200 OBC.   Is the 200 in addition to what I already had booked or just $200 total? I originally had $50 from Royal and nothing from TA. Cruise planner now shows 200 total with new sail date. I’m not going to fuss too much as the new sail date was way more expensive than what I had booked originally. And I got my first choice of cabins. 

BTW, yes this is absolutely a question for my TA but unfortunately I have this booked through a terrible TA that happens to be out of office for the next 3 days. I booked this before I realized there are some really fantastic TA’s out there. 

• Like 1

The $200  from the cancellation should be in addition to whatever you already had.

However, if the new cruise you are taking does not have OBC associated with the current price, then you will lose that.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

However, if the new cruise you are taking does not have OBC associated with the current price, then you will lose that.

I’m confused a little. The original bookings had $50 on each cabin from whatever promo was running at the time.  They price protected it and I chose a sail date in June. Current pricing for the new sail date is much higher and there’s no OBC, but that should be irrelevant because of the price protection?

Just now, Dan83 said:

I’m confused a little. The original bookings had $50 on each cabin from whatever promo was running at the time.  They price protected it and I chose a sail date in June. Current pricing for the new sail date is much higher and there’s no OBC, but that should be irrelevant because of the price protection?

You got price protection, not OBC or perk protection.

You can try and argue this with Royal (unfortunately your TA will have to go to bat for you), but I suspect they will basically say take it or leave it.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

You got price protection, not OBC or perk protection.

You can try and argue this with Royal (unfortunately your TA will have to go to bat for you), but I suspect they will basically say take it or leave it.

I see. Makes sense. I’m definitely not gonna fuss over it because it turns out to be a really good deal. Not worth the risk of the TA messing up the booking.