Just Off Explorer - Ask Away!

7 hours ago, Palm City Cruiser said:

How was the dining room service and meal b quality? Leaving Friday.

I thought the dining room food was of a really good quality. I was especially happy/surprised with the amount of meat we were given in meat dishes - it was a LOT. Some meals were a little bland, but I don't remember eating food and thinking it was of bad quality per say. Some dishes just didn't stand out, or just seemed like an excuse to finish off a certain ingredient, but definitely good quality. 

just got the list of entertainers for the cruise this friday. 

dean austin comic

bryan cheathan vocal

michael holly comic

jimmy hopper vocal

derrick cameron comic

if anyone has seen any of these guys, by all means chime in on your thoughts on how good they are. thanks

15 hours ago, berbician said:

I was just on Explorer and had the surf and stream. It was horrible never really worked much at all extremely slow to stream anything at all. . One day I think it was the last sea day it was totally down for a bit. 
Royal should be ashamed to offer that service to guests just not good at all !

I do wish they wouldn't call it Voom when it hasn't been upgraded.  But at least it helps to know in advance it is bad.   We had such great internet on Serenade last cruise, hubs thinks he'll be able to work on sea days this time.  I will start adjusting his expectations!

2 minutes ago, Fa-Li said:

We had such great internet on Serenade last cruise, hubs thinks he'll be able to work on sea days this time.  I will start adjusting his expectations!

Serenade and Explorer have the same basic system - performance should be comparable.

Just now, Biker19 said:

Serenade and Explorer have the same basic system - performance should be comparable.

Interesting.  I wonder if location is a factor?  We were in the Baltic, so never far from land...  Anyway, I'll tell him he won't be able to work and then he can be happy if it turns out he can and I can be happy if he doesn't even try!  Win win

On 1/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, retired dude said:

could you tell me if the following were still entertaining on the ship this past week, as we sail this fri...Midnight avenue a great cover band, finis henderson, the hott band at the pool, horizon motown band from detroit???thanks much

1/10 sailing, the rock and roll band Private Stock performed in the theater two nights in a row and they were very good, but they got off the ship to perform in Aruba after those shows.  I do not remember seeing the other bands you mentioned.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:06 AM, gdy0354 said:

There is another post currently on wearing shorts in MDR.

Just coming off ship, what did you notice with shorts being worn?

I was on this Explorer sailing as well and personally witnessed a guest who was excluded from the MDR on formal night because he was wearing shorts.  He later returned in slacks.

Shorts were permitted in the MDR on all non-formal nights, including "smart casual" nights, of which there were two.

Edited by danv3

9 hours ago, clarkmar624 said:

We will be on a 9 night Explorer Cruise in 3 weeks. How are tickets to the ice show obtained?

In the daily compass,  they would tell you if they had the ice show that day.  It said which ice show to attend by your muster station.  I believe the shows were at 1 and 3 pm.   I did not see anyone checking to see if people arriving to see the show had the correct muster station for the show.  It was a very good show.  I believe there were 3 days that had the ice show.

Edited by Suncitycruiser1925
Typo