Shuttle/Taxi time to get to Heathrow

Lena11033

Hi,

This is my first cruise and am trying to plan getting from Southampton to Heathrow.

I've done a few searches on getting to Heathrow times and disembarking from the ships. Is there a recommended safe time to book travel (taxi/shuttle) to Heathrow? Ship is supposed to dock at 6am, but from my searches looks like it can sometimes take a while before you can get off the ship. My flight, time keeps changing but it's in the afternoon, right now the most recent time is 2:05pm which means I should be at Heathrow for 11:05.

You probably left out the most impotent information.   What ship and is the departure on a Week Day or Weekend.  Also which terminal are you flying out of.  

The distance is on 65-70 miles but the travel time can vary extensively depending on time of day and if anything is going on. 

Having said that the time will vary between about 1 hour 30 minutes to 3 hours. 

• Like 1

Ah thanks, long day - tried to include everything but obviously missed stuff. 🙂

Silhouette and arrives back on a Saturday. Once I'm at the airport I know I'll be fine as I am familiar with that airport, it's just getting there as I've never been to Southampton.

It took us an hour and 20 minutes once we got into our ride to get from Southampton to Heathrow last October.  We had traveling companions that had An 1130 flight so we did self assist and had arranged for a hired car to depart at 0730.  Fortunately everything went just fine.

We have also used Smith's and we recommend them. 

I'd pad the LHR time. We were flying to the US and not Canada which I think uses Terminal 2 vs 3 (Delta). Canadian friends had an even longer check in time than we did and they were in business class for their Air Canada flight.

You should be fine with a 2:05 pm flight.