Geiranger port

daisy706

money is not the issue - I want to make sure we see the best things.  Really torn between seeing the Seven Sisters Waterfall in Eagle Bend or the Fjord Center museum on the ship tour.  Which is the better option?  The private excursion bus tour that includes:   Bus route: Geiranger – Flydalsjuvet (15 mins) – driving past Knuten, evidence of early road building skills – driving past lake Djupvatnet – Dalsnibba/Skywalk (15 mins) – Eagle Bend (15 mins)  – Geiranger    

or - a ship tour that includes

Drive past Lake Djupvatn to the summit of Mount Dalsnibba for incredible views of the fjord and surrounding countryside.

• Visit the Geiranger Fjord Center to learn about life in the fjord, both past and present.

The Seven Sisters Waters Fall is just before you arrive into Geiranger - visible from the cruise ship - or just after departure from Geiranger.

My recommendation is to take the panorama bus tour or the Dalsnibba/Skywalk bus -link to bus tours

At the beginning and end you'll see the seven sisters from the cruise ship-

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, daisy706 said:

money is not the issue - I want to make sure we see the best things.  Really torn between seeing the Seven Sisters Waterfall in Eagle Bend or the Fjord Center museum on the ship tour.  Which is the better option?  The private excursion bus tour that includes:   Bus route: Geiranger – Flydalsjuvet (15 mins) – driving past Knuten, evidence of early road building skills – driving past lake Djupvatnet – Dalsnibba/Skywalk (15 mins) – Eagle Bend (15 mins)  – Geiranger    

or - a ship tour that includes

Drive past Lake Djupvatn to the summit of Mount Dalsnibba for incredible views of the fjord and surrounding countryside.

• Visit the Geiranger Fjord Center to learn about life in the fjord, both past and present.

Hi Daisy,

I don't know what's there better option but it sounds like we did much of what you are considering on the bus route, here 

I really enjoyed it, despite the weather.  You will see the Seven Sisters Waterfall from the sail-in or sail out - but not on this because I don't know about it and took those 20 minutes for breakfast. Hey-ho. I did at least see it going out during dinner. All the best, Tony

Pick your desired excursion without considering Seven Sisters Falls.  As mentioned above, you will best see that directly from your cruise ship either on the way into Geiranger (if you're awake and it's light enough) or on the way out of Geiranger later that day.  Just be sure to be up on the deck somewhere so you can see it well.  Our ship slowed to a near stop so we could see the Seven Sisters for at least 15-20 minutes before moving on.  Eagle Bend still looks wonderful, however.

2011-07 Geiranger-287.jpeg

Did twice the  Dalsnibba & Eagle Bend from Geiranger; one shiptour and the last one a private tour in a 15 person van. Topper! And last time the ms Rotterdam turned around in the fjord so all passengers could admire the 7 Sisters from every viewpoint on the ship. Enjoy Geiranger on your cruise.

As others have already said you will see the Seven Sisters Waterfall from the ship on the way in and out. I recommend the Panorama Exclusive Bus tour run through the Geiranger tourist office. 

https://www.geirangerfjord.no/panorama-exclusive-bus

The tour is in a mini bus and cost NOK495 in 2019. The views were spectacular though we were fortunate to have great weather. We did also get to see the Seven Sisters Waterfall from the Eagle Bend Lookout.

IMG20190619142859.thumb.jpg.82566186e8db604ba8b2d3a6d07ea5aa.jpg

IMG20190619155220.thumb.jpg.6d382197200da204509c0a29688328f4.jpg.42b42986570d4f36a09ee116a0529d7d.jpg

Our ship went to Alesund so we hired a guide to take us to Geirangerfjord .

IMG_4555_zpsiqp6k6dh.jpg

Check out the guy on the right

IMG_0122%202_zpsge17tgxl.jpg

We rode on this ferry through the fjord

IMG_4709_zpszttgkkyk.jpg

IMG_4732_zpsnqu2uuit.jpg

Our guide brought lunch which we ate on the table

IMG_4735%203_zpscsqau868.jpg

IMG_4781_zpsokqdyynd.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1