Holiday cruises

Ships will not be overcrowded as they cannot book more than capacity allows, but as with most cruises, they will be full - especially as it is a Holiday sailing.  RCI will have more families with children than say Celebrity, but they will have several parties for NYE.  We just did a NYE itinerary on Celebrity Equinox and it was great!  Every bar had a party and activity and there was a large party on the pool deck with music and lots of champagne - and a very active and engaged  Captain and senior staff.  I would do it again any year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bfarmer1003 said:

Would like opinions on New Years cruises on RC, we booked one for the upcoming new year and was wondering what all they do to celebrate ringing in the New Year. Also opinions on overcrowding of ships during the holiday. TIA 😊 

I’ve not done a holiday sailing on RC - just back from one on Cunard.  Of course that was a bit more formal, but I would imagine there would always be some sort of party to ring in the year on any ship.  However, because virtually all ships (with some exceptions on repositioning) sail full, the question of overcrowding shouldn’t come up - except on lines which always seem crowded.  That said, New Years Eve is usually “amateur night” when almost everyone wants to party - so wherever you spent it, afloat or ashore, you are going to see some sort of mob scene.

• Like 1

Most ships are going out full these days anyways, so "overcrowding" isn't likely to be an issue...it'll probably be full whether you go April, June, or December. The possible issue (depending on your preferences) will be the jump in the number of kids/families. My wife and I will likely never sail at a holiday or school break time because our vacations are pretty much designed to avoid kids whenever possible. But, if that's not a bother for you...just expect more families than other times of the year. 

• Like 1