Luminae Anytime Dining question

ladylemondrop

Hi, apologies in advance if this is a 'stupid' question - we will be dining in Luminae (first time) on Reflection, and have 'select' dining time, if we wanted to make reservations for certain time on one evening would we use the usual Select dining booking system in the celebrity app? Or is it not possible to reserve a time in advance in Luminae?

Thanks!  

7 minutes ago, louise1809 said:

Hi, apologies in advance if this is a 'stupid' question - we will be dining in Luminae (first time) on Reflection, and have 'select' dining time, if we wanted to make reservations for certain time on one evening would we use the usual Select dining booking system in the celebrity app? Or is it not possible to reserve a time in advance in Luminae?

Thanks!  

No need for reservations.  Just show up.  There may be a short wait at the busy times.   

Rollie

4 minutes ago, 39august said:

No reservations allowed in Luminae. 

I am not sure that is always true.  In  high end suites, we told them what time we would be there and the table was always waiting.  Sometimes they asked me about the next night as we were leaving dinner (or breakfast if they had missed us the night before), sometimes we just volunteered it, and several times the butler asked us and called Luminae.  I think it depends on the restaurant manager.  One year the other penthouse was connected to several other suites and that resulted in two tables for about ten each, there was no way that would have worked without advance planning. 

No.  Luminae doesn't take reservations, but if you dine at the same time very night they Restaurant Manager will generally get accustomed to you schedule and will get something setup so you get your favorite waiter.

It should be noted that Reflections has the largest passenger load and even for Luminae has more suites to seat than any other ship.  

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No.  Luminae doesn't take reservations, but if you dine at the same time very night they Restaurant Manager will generally get accustomed to you schedule and will get something setup so you get your favorite waiter.

It should be noted that Reflections has the largest passenger load and even for Luminae has more suites to seat than any other ship.  

Thank you, the reason I was considering reservation was the thread about it being busy/chaotic on this ship! Hopefully it will be ok, just for two of us.

24 minutes ago, louise1809 said:

Thank you, the reason I was considering reservation was the thread about it being busy/chaotic on this ship! Hopefully it will be ok, just for two of us.

It will really depend on the time you enjoy dining and those on your cruises.   Some cruises I've been on everyone preferred early dining and others everyone seemed to arrive at 8:30.    Even as a party of 2 you can be impacted. 

You can also ask the Retreat Concierge to check before you leave the lounge.   If asked to wait the Restaurant Manager may ask you to wait in the Retreat and he will call when your table is ready.

Edited by Jim_Iain

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It will really depend on the time you enjoy dining and those on your cruises.   Some cruises I've been on everyone preferred early dining and others everyone seemed to arrive at 8:30.    Even as a party of 2 you can be impacted. 

You can also ask the Retreat Concierge to check before you leave the lounge.   If asked to wait the Restaurant Manager may ask you to wait in the Retreat and he will call when your table is ready.

Thanks Jim, that's another great question for the concierge.

Rollie

On the Equinox, the first lunch we mention to the maitre 'd that we will be arriving for dinner after the first show.
In three, 7 night cruises, only once was a table not ready.
If we are not attending the show and chose to have dinner earlier we mention it to the maitre 'd that morning at breakfast. 

We are late diners and usually don't go to dinner until 9:00.   Usually we have no problem but have had to wait a couple times when a late port departure and everyone shows up at around 8:30 and not finished by 9:00.   Never had to wait longer than 10-15 minutes in Retreat or Bar.  

1 hour ago, louise1809 said:

What is the Retreat/lounge please? All new lingo for me! 🤩

Because the Reflection hasn't been refurbished yet, the retreat lounge is call Michael's Lounge.  Michael's lounge is for suite guest only.  Great meeting place before diner.

Rollie

Absolutely check out Michael's when you get onboard. It is reserved for suite guests and occasional VIPs, and the service is always great. The concierge is based here, can handle reservations and answer questions or solve problems for you. The bartenders and wait staff will get to know you and try to have your preferred drinks and brands available for you. Small snacks are often brought out during the pre dinner hours. There are a few special events through the week, such as musical sets by the entertainers on board. It's a nice oasis when the other bars are jammed and service is difficult to come by. 

On 1/24/2020 at 10:20 AM, JFontaine said:

I am not sure that is always true.  In  high end suites, we told them what time we would be there and the table was always waiting.  Sometimes they asked me about the next night as we were leaving dinner (or breakfast if they had missed us the night before), sometimes we just volunteered it, and several times the butler asked us and called Luminae.  I think it depends on the restaurant manager.  One year the other penthouse was connected to several other suites and that resulted in two tables for about ten each, there was no way that would have worked without advance planning. 

The key wording here is ‘high end suites’. For those they will do anything up to chewing your food for you (and maybe even that LOL). For the rest of the suites they will do their best to accommodate but not to that level.  There is indeed a class structure even with the upper class.😊