Havana Retreat open to everyone after 7pm?

FlyingAnchor

On 1/24/2020 at 11:17 PM, lensonlife said:

That’s SO unfortunate. We sailed the Horizon 8 day over the 4th of July holiday 2019 and the after hours facilities at Havana were near vacant. We spent a LOT of time on the aft deck and thereabouts and it was the same thing every day. We ventured down once and had a good soak and relaxation- we truly had BOTH tubs to ourselves! 

I can see the flip side of that, in that if you are paying 300-500 hundred more for the use of an inclusive area, it doesn't seem right for it to be available to those who did not purchase. Same thing for the Family Harbor Lounge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Then those people that are light sleepers and go to bed by 1100 pm while on vacation should not book those cabins.  We, on the other hand stayed in 5205, which was the furthest away inside cabin from the bar and was also a sideways cabin, which there are only 2 of in the Havana area.  The back of our cabin was against the elevator and we never heard a peep from it.

I was curious about the cabins at the far end of the corridor (i.e., more forward).  Thanks.  The CDP website (can't link to it here) flagged the interiors closer to the Havana Bar as potentially noisy at night.  

We booked a Havana Cabana Banana Fofana room on Horizon so we should be fine.

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Post #11 of this thread with the link posted by Saint Greg.

It's an older link, but it checks out. 

I could swear I saw a mention of the 7 pm "un-curfew" on the Carnival site while I was booking the stateroom, but a targeted search of the site produced no hits and mentions of "exclusive access."  

I'm not unhappy with it, either.  🙂  

We stayed in 5205, that cabin, along with 5208 are the two sideways inside cabins that are the most forward.  We never heard anything from the bar, but then again we usually closed the Alchemy  Bar.  There is a YouTube video that shows 5205.  I would highly recommend the cabin.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

We just booked our first Havana Cabana for 2023

We just rebooked a cruise for the third time due to cancellation for 2022 on the Panaroma again of course! Can’t wait to sail on her at the end of June this year... fingers crossed

This re-animated thread reminded me that I wouldn't mind trying to sail on a ship in a Havana cabin in that Vista class (the Mardi Gras Havana area looks too dumbed down for me), but my closest (really close!) port is Canaveral, and they aren't sailing out of there yet.  Have any of them sailed out of Canaveral?

I hope they do, eventually, so I can try out that class of ship and cabin type.

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Have any of them sailed out of Canaveral?

It's  been Horizon out of MIA, Vista out of Galveston and as you remembered,  Panorama out of LA.  Good choice about not choosing the Havana area on the MG.  Major differences between the Havana area on the 3 Vista Class ships and on the 2 Excellence Class ships.

Looks like you'll have to drive to MIA to go out on the Horizon.

Edited by SNJCruisers

On 2/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, SNJCruisers said:

It's  been Horizon out of MIA, Vista out of Galveston and as you remembered,  Panorama out of LA.  Good choice about not choosing the Havana area on the MG.  Major differences between the Havana area on the 3 Vista Class ships and on the 2 Excellence Class ships.

Looks like you'll have to drive to MIA to go out on the Horizon.

wow, I didnt realize they already cut the Havana area so much on the MG.  From Vista to MG they went from about 60 rooms to 100 rooms and cut down the deck, pool area significantly.  Not to mention half of the Havana rooms are above the Theater.

17 minutes ago, bstel said:

wow, I didnt realize they already cut the Havana area so much on the MG.  From Vista to MG they went from about 60 rooms to 100 rooms and cut down the deck, pool area significantly.  Not to mention half of the Havana rooms are above the Theater.

Carnival was more concerned about the Excel Suites and the Loft 19 area than they were about the Havana area on the two Excellence Class ships.  The Havana area went from a beautiful aft view with good size pool, 2 hot tubs and two tiki huts in shallow water, to being shifted to a smaller area on deck 8 starboard with only a small pool.  The cabins were also relegated from aft, to forward.

57 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Carnival was more concerned about the Excel Suites and the Loft 19 area than they were about the Havana area on the two Excellence Class ships.  The Havana area went from a beautiful aft view with good size pool, 2 hot tubs and two tiki huts in shallow water, to being shifted to a smaller area on deck 8 starboard with only a small pool.  The cabins were also relegated from aft, to forward.

hmm hadn't heard of the Loft 19 before so after looking it up.

1.  looks like Excel gets access to the Loft 19 but it is also open to all guests for a charge, including kids.  what is the cost per day?

2.  do Excel have access to the Havana area or is that for Havana only still?

3.  Looks like the Serenity area on MG has a pool as well?  but still free to anyone and no kids?

4.  and now the "the patio" on Deck 8 is open to everyone, which is kind of where the Havana used to be?

Edited by bstel

21 minutes ago, bstel said:

hmm hadn't heard of the Loft 19 before so after looking it up.

1.  looks like Excel gets access to the Loft 19 but it is also open to all guests for a charge, including kids.  what is the cost per day?

2.  do Excel have access to the Havana area or is that for Havana only still?

3.  Looks like the Serenity area on MG has a pool as well?  but still free to anyone and no kids?

4.  and now the "the patio" on Deck 8 is open to everyone, which is kind of where the Havana used to be?

1.  Don't know the cost, but with even a limited number of kids there, I would not pay extra for access.

2. Havana is for Havana only

3. Yes, the Serenity area looks like it is far and away the best that is offered in the fleet. 

4. The patio on deck 8 is from the atrium south, which is open to everyone.  The Havana area is on deck 8 and north of the atrium.  The deck wraps all the way around the front of the ship.  That entire outside area is for Havana guests only.  The two areas on the inside forward of the atrium that are open to everyone is the Havana Bar on the starboard side and Jiji's on the port side.

8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

3. Yes, the Serenity area looks like it is far and away the best that is offered in the fleet. 

with the Spirit class Serenity area tied or a very close 2nd, since they also have a pool and hot tub.

3 hours ago, eltigre said:

We just booked the Panorama Havana  cabin 5202 for 2023 and I was wondering what time they closed the hot tubs & pool at night. Anyone know? Anyone have info on this cabin?

We stayed in 5205, which is one of the two sideways cabins with 5208.  There is a YouTube video available.  I would highly recommend it if either of those cabins are available for your sailing.  The back of the bed is against the long wall of the cabin, instead of the normal short wall, giving you more space on the sides of the bed, making it much easier getting in and out of the bed.  Don't know about the closing time because we were always at the piano bar or Alchemy Bar after dinner.

4 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

The outdoor Havana area on the MG with its one pool is about the same square footage as the Dream Class Guy's Pig and Anchor BBQ joint 😞 

Makes zero sense to relegate the area to second class citizenship on the Excellence Class ships that are 35% larger than the Vista Class when the Havana area was a home run smash on those 3 ships.

57 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Makes zero sense to relegate the area to second class citizenship on the Excellence Class ships that are 35% larger than the Vista Class when the Havana area was a home run smash on those 3 ships.

Citizenship isn't the issue but I agree about ship class. Second class is being kind, I'd call it Havana Steerage Class.

steerage.jpeg

4 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Citizenship isn't the issue but I agree about ship class. Second class is being kind, I'd call it Havana Steerage Class.

If it's steerage Class, then the women would be happy since that is where Leo is.  And I'm sure that many of them would have made space for him on the plywood door.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

If it's steerage Class, then the women would be happy since that is where Leo is.  And I'm sure that many of them would have made space for him on the plywood door.

Plywood? Even James Cameron knew better and used a solid wood door for his opus.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Would be a total waste of time since I know of at least four different colors, Blue, Yellow, Brown, Tan.

Yes, they rotate. Get one of each color. Maybe someone will sell sets? They can't be hard to counterfeit, either.