Luggage Space Concern

Trickie Dickie

I just watched a video on youtube showing the cabin features.  There doesn't seem to be a place for your empty luggage after you unpack.  The bed breaks in half and is used as a couch during the day.  There is no visible place that I can see to put your empty luggage it seems. The closet is small as well.   

Anyone know anything about this?

6 minutes ago, Trickie Dickie said:

4:20 

Thanks. Yeah, it’s got to be under the “base” of the sofa that doesn’t move (see my other post).

It’s a Fincantieri ship, I just don’t believe they’d build a cruise ship and let Virgin overlook something as basic as “where do the suitcases go”. 

Hopefully there is also more storage than we’ve seen so far ... 

2 minutes ago, perditax said:

Thanks. Yeah, it’s got to be under the “base” of the sofa that doesn’t move (see my other post).

It’s a Fincantieri ship, I just don’t believe they’d build a cruise ship and let Virgin overlook something as basic as “where do the suitcases go”. 

Hopefully there is also more storage than we’ve seen so far ... 

Actually our room is marked with a triangle which indicates that the couch is a second bed for one. So it can’t be luggage storage in our case. We might be living out of our luggage on the floor on this cruise 😄

2 minutes ago, Trickie Dickie said:

Actually our room is marked with a triangle which indicates that the couch is a second bed for one. So it can’t be luggage storage in our case. We might be living out of our luggage on the floor on this cruise 😄

I haven’t seen that configuration, but don’t see why it would prevent under bed storage ...

10 minutes ago, perditax said:

I haven’t seen that configuration, but don’t see why it would prevent under bed storage ...

If you watch the video you can clearly see right under the bed. It’s not designed to have anything underneath it. Nor does it look like it’s high enough to host a large piece of luggage. 

3 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

Between the entry door and desk is the closet, which I would presume would hold some suitcases.. And I sure would not worry about it, it is not something Virgin would forget...

Did you watch the video? The closet is minuscule. It seems to be all open concept and there’s no drawers anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

Yep- And looked at the schematics of the rooms. I still would not worry about it-Luggage is not going to be something they are going to mess up on...

I would prefer facts over your opinion to be honest. You can clearly see there is no place for luggage in the video they released. I was hoping someone had some insight. 

That is the nice thing about forums, is people can offer opinions.. Closet may be small, but where my luggage is going to go is the last thing I am worried about on a cruise. You can see the closet in this video at 4:15   https://eatsleepcruise.com/2019/11/exclusive-first-look-at-virgin-voyages-cabins/.

2 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

That is the nice thing about forums, is people can offer opinions.. Closet may be small, but where my luggage is going to go is the last thing I am worried about on a cruise. You can see the closet in this video at 4:15   https://eatsleepcruise.com/2019/11/exclusive-first-look-at-virgin-voyages-cabins/.

If you read this thread you would note that I pointed out the timestamp for the closet earlier.  I’m looking for someone with some actual insight into the room.  I’m afraid your opinion does me no good. Thanks anyway. 

12 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

If you watch the video you can clearly see right under the bed. It’s not designed to have anything underneath it. Nor does it look like it’s high enough to host a large piece of luggage. 

And like I said, there is obvious FIXED storage under one of the movable pieces of bed, at the timestamp I posted upthread. It’s probably taller than it looks and can hold multiple pieces of luggage.

It’s clear that no one here can give you the answer you want, which seems to be “oh, you’re right, they totally forgot about suitcases!”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, perditax said:

And like I said, there is obvious FIXED storage under one of the movable pieces of bed, at the timestamp I posted upthread. It’s probably taller than it looks and can hold multiple pieces of luggage.

It’s clear that no one here can give you the answer you want, which seems to be “oh, you’re right, they totally forgot about suitcases!”

Please! No need to be rude.  I’ve already indicated that in my cabin that fixed portion of sofa is a pull out bed. I’m in 12050A. 

You obviously cannot give me the answer I need so why not let someone else who actually has knowledge answer please. That way I know what to do with my luggage instead of your speculations. Good day.  

6 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

Please! No need to be rude.  I’ve already indicated that in my cabin that fixed portion of sofa is a pull out bed. I’m in 12050A. 

You obviously cannot give me the answer I need so why not let someone else who actually has knowledge answer please. That way I know what to do with my luggage instead of your speculations. Good day.  

12050A, on the first deck plan site I found, shows a marker that indicates a “pullman” bed. A pullman bed on a cruise ship drops down from the wall or ceiling. (So it will be above one of the other sleepers.)

You may be thinking of a trundle bed. 

No one here can give you more than these educated guesses, so you might as well get on the phone or in chat with VV.

7 minutes ago, perditax said:

12050A, on the first deck plan site I found, shows a marker that indicates a “pullman” bed. A pullman bed on a cruise ship drops down from the wall or ceiling. (So it will be above one of the other sleepers.)

You may be thinking of a trundle bed. 

No one here can give you more than these educated guesses, so you might as well get on the phone or in chat with VV.

I appreciate your concern and further investigation on my question.  Eventually someone will have the answer I am seeking.  Thank you for your efforts. 😄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2NOLAcruisers said:

It looks like there will be enough room in the closet area under the space where you hang your clothes. Two medium cases or more if you have different sizes and store them nested inside each other. 

As we are from Canada, we optimize our airfare and do multiple cruises and resort stays per vacation. We travel with four large cases and two full-size carry-ons. They usually fit under the bed in a state room.  We are extremely neurotic and the room must look pristine.  In other words everything has its place and must be put away. On our last cruise on serenade of the seas our state room attendant said she’s never seen a neater room than ours and wants to come visit us at our house. 😂 It’s always a challenge to figure out a new room configuration and get everything put away properly. Room videos help. I’m looking forward to see what people post. 😄