Where do you eat lunch on the first day?

9 minutes ago, coachlover said:

Hi,

There are so many choices! Just wondering where is your fav spot to eat for lunch and what do you order? 

We usually get to the pier early and head up to the Windjammer before it gets mobbed. We have also had lunch at Cafe Promenade and once at the Brass & Bock on Anthem, where the service was painfully slow. 

Which ship are you cruising on?

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

1 minute ago, coachlover said:

Thanks so much for your reply. We’ll be cruising on Symphony for spring break. Anticipating a full ship!

Get to the cruise pier early and head to the Windjammer. They have a wide variety of lunch items and it will lovely and quiet for about 40 minutes. 

In a pinch you could get pizza at Sorrento's or a burger at Johnny Rockets for an extra fee. Solarium Bistro is a comp restaurant and usually opens at noon. 

Happy Lunching and cruising. 

Jonathan

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, renza said:

We always go to park cafe for the awesome roast beef sandwich and salad.  It’s never busy and a great way to start the cruise 

Went on the Allure 8 years ago. Going on the Symphony in April. Can’t wait to have that sandwich again! That’s where we went when we boarded! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WI-Cruiser said:

If an Oasis class I recommend going to the Park Cafe and avoid the Windjammer crowds.  If the Solarium Cafe is open that's also a great option.

Anyplace but Windjammer.  Loved Solarium Cafe on Harmony.

I have never found any of the buffets on any line appealing on embarkation day. If you go as soon as you board it's a zoo unless you are one of the first ones on board( I don't arrive early only to wait on the long line before they start letting anyone in.) If you wait until later everything looks manhandled and picked over.  We just go to one of the venues that most don't bother with or don't know about like the solarium buffet or Two-70 on Anthem.   I would pay for lunch before I ate in the buffet on embarkation day.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

At my hotel for breakfast.

Same here. Big breakfast before boarding will usually get me thru until after lunch.

If I need a little something extra to get me thru until dinner, it'll be Park Cafe/Cafe 270 or Sorrento's/Cafe Promenade.

Or a few heavy drinks that fill the belly. Don't want to waste time getting value out of my drink package. 😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

joke
/jōk/
noun

1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

The winky / smirking/ laughing  faces usually gives it away.

Although I'm never sure when someone clicks the laughing face on the "Like" button. I'm never sure if they are laughing with me or at me. 🤨

• Haha 2