Insurance coverage for cruise and flight

beshears

I don't know if this posting will get kicked out, but I thought I would see if I can get some information.

There are 8 of us cruising and flying to get to the port. I am NOT planning on having any problems, but I like to make sure we don't!  I have heard of Trip Insurance Store, and Trip Assured as insurance companies that have coverage for what I'm wanting.  If you have used either of these, did they work for you "if" needed, or if you knew someone else that "had" to use them, did the insurance company come through for them?

My Bank of America card has the insurance with it for any travel. I recently needed to use it and had no problem getting reimbursed. We cruise a lot. The card has a yearly fee of $95.00 and I think just for the insurance alone it is worth it. It also has great perks and great cash back.

The OP seems to be asking if trip insurance works, not where to get it. OP is already aware of TripInsuranceStore, and that is surely a reputable source.

OP seems to be concerned about getting to the port. Indeed, a comprehensive travel policy would cover that and more.

As to whether it works, you have to understand what the policy covers and if your claim is for a covered reason.  There are lots of stories here of people who file successful claims once the required documentation is submitted. The complaints are usually from people who want reimbursement for something that isn’t covered because they didn’t read or understand their policy.

I suggest you call and talk to a professional. Explain you concerns and expectations. They can lead you to a policy that will work for you.

3 hours ago, beshears said:

There are 8 of us cruising and flying to get to the port. I am NOT planning on having any problems, but I like to make sure we don't!  I have heard of Trip Insurance Store, and Trip Assured as insurance companies that have coverage for what I'm wanting.  If you have used either of these, did they work for you "if" needed, or if you knew someone else that "had" to use them, did the insurance company come through for them?

Tripinsurancestore.com is an insurance broker.  I have used them in the past and I have found them very helpful if you call them to discuss your situation.  They represent a limited number of plans, but they seem to know their plans thoroughly and they will point you to the best plan(s) for your needs.  I have only made a claim once, and they provided helpful guidance.  I can highly recommend them.

Squaremouth.com (and insuremytrip.com) are both insurance brokers.  I have not used either one, but their websites are nice and others on these boards have recommended both of these.  The cost to purchase from any of the three brokers mentioned here should be exactly the same for the same policy.

TripAssure is one of many insurance companies that offer a variety of plans.  All three brokers will sell you a TripAssure plan.  I have never used TripAssure but they are underwritten by Generali and if one of their plans meet your needs others have indicated they are very reputable.  Everyone has different needs and risk tolerance, so there is no one size fits all plan that works for everyone.

Edited by Jersey42