NCL is advertiising 30% off. How does this work?

yoolykeme

ihave discussed this question before. it appears that regardless of the offer, ncl manipulates the original price, and discounts from there. if you look at the bottom line, the actual price you pay for a cabin, will not change even after the so-called sale is over. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:01 AM, complawyer said:

ihave discussed this question before. it appears that regardless of the offer, ncl manipulates the original price, and discounts from there. if you look at the bottom line, the actual price you pay for a cabin, will not change even after the so-called sale is over. 

In my experience, I agree that the 30% offer is generally a marketing con! However, my PCC gave me a 'heads-up' on the cruise we have been tracking, when I called Friday past, advising me to await the new 30% off which was available in the UK only yesterday.

To my very pleasant surprise the cruise we have been tracking, which had already reduced significantly in recent weeks reduced from £1800ish to £1600ish pp, so we have now rebooked that cruise. It is a 24 night cruise, across the Indian Ocean from Cape Town to Singapore. We already had booked it at £2550pp and we cancelled about 3 weeks ago at a loss of only £100 deposit the day before 35% penalty hit. I then found a way to track the cabins available on a daily basis (after reading various posts from JamieLogical) until yesterday which means we saved almost £1000pp on a price that we were originally satisfied with.....giving us a quite unbelievable deal with 'free at sea' drinks and dining for £68pp per day!  😃

On 1/28/2020 at 4:10 PM, yoolykeme said:

I'm a Platinum cruiser, but have never bought a cruise retail, so I am at a loss here.

NCL.com is advertising that all cruises are 30% off.  Does this mean that they are going to take 30% off the advertised price, or do the stated prices reflect the discount?  If it is the former, can you stack this with other promotions?

thanks in advance.

First they jack up the fares, then you get a discount.

On 1/30/2020 at 9:49 AM, javalsu said:

I would recommend checking if you've already booked a cruise.  I have a haven suite booked on the encore and the "sale" actually saved me around $900 after I called and got a price adjustment. 

Thought the 30% off would be nice but even if we re-book we don't save. The fares must have gone up a lot because with the 30% off we would pay 69.00 per person more this past weekend than when we booked in Nov. :(.

Oh well got the date and cabin we wanted so all is well.