Tea Question

Hopperhop

We will be on the Caribbean Princess starting next week for a 2 week cruise. Do the Princess ships have English Breakfast Tea available in the buffet?  This is my wife's favorite kind of tea.  Thank you in advance for your replies!

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you buy a coffee card (or just one cup for a taste), tell her to go to the coffee bar next to the International Cafe and try Vanilla Bean tea...delicious.

And as others posted, English Breakfast is available in the buffet or the MDR.

Does anyone have a list of the teas available in the IC? I love tea and have the PBP.

15 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you buy a coffee card (or just one cup for a taste), tell her to go to the coffee bar next to the International Cafe and try Vanilla Bean tea...delicious.

And as others posted, English Breakfast is available in the buffet or the MDR.

Oh really that sounds interesting...is it herbal or vanilla bean in a black tea?  I am a big fan of the mint teas is just soothing to me and relaxing...but I do love me some vanilla and chocolate tea (and food) as well. 

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Oh really that sounds interesting...is it herbal or vanilla bean in a black tea?  I am a big fan of the mint teas is just soothing to me and relaxing...but I do love me some vanilla and chocolate tea (and food) as well. 

It's a black tea. A little honey, cream and oh my.

6 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

It's a black tea. A little honey, cream and oh my.

oh i am a pink packet gal...DH loves the honey in his tea...the closer i can get it to taste like a dessert the happiest camper i will be...lol.  But thanks for this i will have to look for it...I am always grabbing goodies from the IC but have only done the hot cocoa from the IC and on the Royal last year could not figure out how to try any of the teas in those tea towers as no one was around to help.

8 hours ago, Justalone said:

What brand of tea is available?

It's usually Bigelow in the Horizon Ct.,and the specialty tea in IC is Mighty Leaf.  The white orchard Mighty Leaf makes great iced tea.  I get a large cup of it in the IC in the morning and put it in the cabin refrigerator.  By lunch I have delicious iced tea with my lunch.  Princess iced tea is made from powder and pretty awful.

9 hours ago, Justalone said:

What brand of tea is available?

Its usually Twinings but sometimes some Bigelow which IMHO is just as good.

For me its the English Breakfast tea - two bags per Princess mug and let it brew 4 minutes then add the milk..

Builders Tea.

In the IC, they have Mighty Leaf tea. On land, this brand of tea tends to run a bit pricey IMHO. If you have a coffee card,  you can try them all, find a new flavor favourite! Enjoy. Otherwise, in the MDR, they tend to use Liptons unless you ask for a certain tea. I've had darjeeling, English breakfast, chamomile,  Irish breakfast , earl grey...cheers!

Be sure to try the afternoon tea served in one of the dining rooms almost everyday. Fancy sandwiches, scones and desserts are tasty!