7am dock in Seattle - 1115am flight?

BostonGal35

I know SeaTac is south of the city by about 15 miles give or take.

we will be docking on a friday morning at 7am (NCL Sun, smaller ship).  If we do easy walk off which we usually do, think we can make an 1115 am flight?  I know I5 is atrocious at any time of day, north or south.  but we'd rather make this if we can than wait around until the 3pm flight.

37 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

You won't use I5, you will use the new roadway.

11am is the very commonly mentioned earliest recommended flight. Walk off and catch a cab.

new roadway?  wow, alot has changed in 2 years.  i assume this makes the trek easier/faster?

this is great, thank you!

There's no entry to the new tunnel near Pier 66; the cab/Uber would probably just go down Alaskan Way to the SR99 ramp at Dearborn, then south from there.  However all the drivers use GPS which updates constantly on traffic, so they'll take the fastest way, whether it's on SR99/SR509 or I-5/SR518.  https://goo.gl/maps/Z5qHLDRQu8zb2drJ7

For the OP, the issue isn't the time needed to get to the airport, it's the time needed to go through security once you're there.  You can speed things up if your airline participates in the Port Valet program - https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free - which would expedite your passage through the airport.  Global Entry or Pre-check would make things go even faster.

Edited by Gardyloo

2 hours ago, Gardyloo said:

There's no entry to the new tunnel near Pier 66; the cab/Uber would probably just go down Alaskan Way to the SR99 ramp at Dearborn, then south from there.  However all the drivers use GPS which updates constantly on traffic, so they'll take the fastest way, whether it's on SR99/SR509 or I-5/SR518.  https://goo.gl/maps/Z5qHLDRQu8zb2drJ7

For the OP, the issue isn't the time needed to get to the airport, it's the time needed to go through security once you're there.  You can speed things up if your airline participates in the Port Valet program - https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free - which would expedite your passage through the airport.  Global Entry or Pre-check would make things go even faster.

The Port Valet has a "too early" time, correct. Isn't it 11:30?

As a local, an easy entry point to the tunnel and highway 99 south to the airport comes before an entry to I-5.  Cab or Uber drivers will know that.

The advice about TSA Pre-check is spot on for easing oneself through airport security.

• Like 1

Because I am one who doesn't stress about missing a flight, I would do it. If you get off of the ship even by 9: AM you can normally make it to the airport in less than an hour in traffic.  Security would in my opinion present a delay at SeaTac. With that said, We haven't had a delay at SeaTac since we signed up for "CLEAR" along with our TSA-Pre-check. We are through security usually in less than 5 minutes and in an Alaska Board Room in anther 5 minutes.

Only can decide what to do.  Good luck.😀

On 1/31/2020 at 12:24 PM, Husky61 said:

Because I am one who doesn't stress about missing a flight, I would do it. If you get off of the ship even by 9: AM you can normally make it to the airport in less than an hour in traffic.  Security would in my opinion present a delay at SeaTac. With that said, We haven't had a delay at SeaTac since we signed up for "CLEAR" along with our TSA-Pre-check. We are through security usually in less than 5 minutes and in an Alaska Board Room in anther 5 minutes.

Only can decide what to do.  Good luck.😀

We've done it several times.  Early walk off and in a cab to the airport.  Have 11:20am flight on a Friday in May and not worried... 

• Like 1