EZAir price can't go up once booked?

lpmpsail

I just need to confirm - the EZAir price can't go up once I've booked it even though I haven't paid for it?  I've got a really good price for first/business class tickets and when I search for them now, they are several thousand dollars more.  I'm just nervous that perhaps I should pay for the whole cruise & flights just to make sure I get this price.  Just curious - thanks!

It doesn't go up unless you make changes. I have business class booked roundtrip from Charlotte to Copenhagen and the prices are currently double what I locked in at. Princess screwed something up and rebooked me and my personalizer is showing my total is 5k more than it should be but my confirmation shows the correct price and they assured me they manually adjusted it. They gave me an OBC of $300 and a specialty dinner for 3 for free for the hassle.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:16 PM, fluffybunny22 said:

It doesn't go up unless you make changes. I have business class booked roundtrip from Charlotte to Copenhagen and the prices are currently double what I locked in at. Princess screwed something up and rebooked me and my personalizer is showing my total is 5k more than it should be but my confirmation shows the correct price and they assured me they manually adjusted it. They gave me an OBC of $300 and a specialty dinner for 3 for free for the hassle.

It’s crazy how much it had gone up!!! We had a steal out of Greenville. When we had to change our dates last weekend I was absolutely terrified about the airfare piece! We got a decent price from Charlotte for the new date. 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:11 AM, lpmpsail said:

I just need to confirm - the EZAir price can't go up once I've booked it even though I haven't paid for it?  I've got a really good price for first/business class tickets and when I search for them now, they are several thousand dollars more.  I'm just nervous that perhaps I should pay for the whole cruise & flights just to make sure I get this price.  Just curious - thanks!

As others have posted it won’t increase which is confirmed on my Flexible EZair confirmations:  “Flight rates are not subject to change prior to the receipt of final payment on the cruise and air booking. Flights which are confirmed on a booking remain at the same rate with the exception of a change in taxes, or fees or a schedule change resulting in the cancellation or re-booking of flights”.

2 hours ago, mmsoko said:

How do you check the Current price once you’ve booked on EZair?  

Go into the Personalizer and click 'modify flights' and see what the current prices are.  It won't change your flight until you click confirm a couple times so you're not going to change anything just by checking.  I do this every day, sometimes multiple times, to check prices.  Have been able to snag cheaper prices a few times.  That's the beauty of EZ Air!

3 hours ago, mmsoko said:

How do you check the Current price once you’ve booked on EZair?  

In addition to Paula’s description about checking through the CP there’s another option.  

After searching for information about my cruise through the Princess homepage, it shows my Recently Viewed cruises.  Then I click on my cruise & choose the Flight Quotes option to check for better flights and/or airfares.  For me that’s easier to do & I don’t need to sign in to check options.  If there’s something better I’ll sign in to use the procedure Paula posted to confirm the information before deciding whether to change my Flexible EZair or not.

Both techniques work to check for something better & it’s your decision about which is your best way.  By checking often I’ve book better flights with up to a 60% lower airfare than initially.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It may not go up, but the flight can change and they can cancel your booking.  Happened to me.  Still found another suitable flight at good cost.  But I am wondering if I should request early ticketing in case this flight also changes and my reservation is dropped again.

If it is ticketed, I am hoping, like with regular airline tickets, they will get you on a suitable alternate flight at no extra cost.

Don

On 2/1/2020 at 9:36 PM, Astro Flyer said:

In addition to Paula’s description about checking through the CP there’s another option.  

After searching for information about my cruise through the Princess homepage, it shows my Recently Viewed cruises.  Then I click on my cruise & choose the Flight Quotes option to check for better flights and/or airfares.  For me that’s easier to do & I don’t need to sign in to check options.  If there’s something better I’ll sign in to use the procedure Paula posted to confirm the information before deciding whether to change my Flexible EZair or not.

Both techniques work to check for something better & it’s your decision about which is your best way.  By checking often I’ve book better flights with up to a 60% lower airfare than initially.

I purposely sign in when I check airfare pricing so if it's lower, I can immediately re-book at that lower price.  I don't want to take the chance that if I see a good price it might not be available while I'm logging in.  Plus my computer keeps all my log in info so when I go to the Princess website, it's just one click to log in, and really isn't any additional hassle.  I like to log in just to check on my booking too because there have been times that things have changed and I hadn't yet gotten a notification from my TA or Princess.  I don't like to leave things to chance 🙂

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

If you are happy with your current fare and don't want to gamble then sure, request early ticketing.  Just be aware that you will no longer be able to make any changes from your end without the normal airlines' outrageous change fees.

Have used EZ Air 30 plus times.

Never pre purchased EZ Air tickets and have never had an EZ Air price increase.

I just pay everything at final.

On  Oct cruise last year that was booked in 2018........ I booked EZ Air in January 2019 and in March they showed ticketed.

Final was not until the end of July.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:16 PM, fluffybunny22 said:

What does your reservation say on the airlines website?

14 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

On  Oct cruise last year that was booked in 2018........ I booked EZ Air in January 2019 and in March they showed ticketed.

Final was not until the end of July.

Just had the same experience with Flexible EZair...booked Economy tickets on Air Canada for the Fall to Quebec with final payment this Summer.  It shows as Ticketed & we can purchase a seat assignment on the AC website or get it free during check-in.  For our AA return flight from FLL it’s also Ticketed & was able to make free seat assignments.

Our AC flight this Spring also showed Ticketed when booking Flexible EZair many months before final payment.

• Like 1

I snagged a fantastic price for British Air 1st class on an upcoming September Mediterranean cruise round trip from Seattle for ~$2,800.00 each. 

I check frequently to see if the price drops, but it’s only gone up a lot!

The tickets now cost $26,300.00 each! $52,600 total! 

• Like 1