Coco Cay Review/Summary/Hints & Tips

This may be a silly question, but is the Oasis Lagoon salt water???  It looks surrounded by land.  My husband and I will be there in May and we are looking for a spot hopefully in the shade and near the beach, not in an area surrounding the pool.  

Another issue - the family we are going with have passes to the water park.  When they have had their fill, they may join us at the beach...I will not be reserving chairs for hours, lol.  But how likely will it be they can find chairs near us?  Is the island that busy? We will be 2 ships - Symphony and Navigator, I believe.

Edited by elaineb

1 hour ago, elaineb said:

Thanks.  We will definitely head to a beach, then, because we prefer salt water.

I imagine since they allow diapers it needs lots of chemicals.  Not to mention all the adults drinking all day with out ever getting out! LOL

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LisaT91403 said:

We are looking at a Navigator 4-night leaving on 6/29. I know there are other sail dates as well. If you look at the title of the cruise, it says Thrill and Chill Bahamas for the ones that have 2 stops at Coco Cay.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, cruising twosome said:

We just return from Harmony of the Seas on Sunday, Coco cay was last Saturday. It was very windy at Chill Beach so we went to the lagoon which was perfect.  The grandkids enjoyed the pirate ship and small kids water park which is close by.

The week before we were on the Mariner and only made Coco Cay once instead of twice, when we did stop we stay at the swim up pool, which again was perfect.

The make your own tacos was perfect for lunch and the Carmel brownies were delicious!

The caramel brownies are sooooo good!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 11:10 PM, P.A. said:

I would be interested in knowing if there is plenty to do without purchasing the water park pass? Can we still have access to the pool etc? Is the buffet included without purchasing the pass? We'll be in a few weeks!

yes, pool and buffet is included.  Seriously, you don't have to spend a dime out there if you don't want to

• Like 2

6 hours ago, amybk27 said:

For those of you that did the water park, is is work $125 a person?

It was on sale Black Friday and a few other days for 80.00.  So if your gonna go and buy it keep an eye out for sales.  And cancel and rebook.    

4 hours ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

The caramel brownies are sooooo good!

OMG yes they were.   Also the chicken was good.   
and the only place to find chocolate chip cookies.  Lol. 

• Like 1

We’ve been to Labadee many times and love the experience of Nellie’s Beach. What would be a comparable beach at Coco Cay?  Not interested in water parks or pools.  Seeking a quiet beach with a sandy bottom.

I’m probably in the minority as I enjoy the artisan market at Labadee.  Are there vendors at Coco Cay?

On 2/4/2020 at 11:22 AM, sheezsmith said:

If you do book the zipline, be aware that there are towers to be climbed for each of the stations of the zipline, and especially be aware that the way they dismount you at each landing is on an aluminum A-frame 6' step ladder!!! with the millions of dollars they spent, you would think they could have provided a better way to get off. I am a very small woman and at the last landing they made me stand, WITH NOTHING TO HOLD ON TO, on the flat top of the ladder. It made the whole experience awful. Just want people to be aware, there was nothing in the description to indicate that. The water slides are awesome!!

The towers look fine to me, but the aluminum step ladder to get off the zipline, , not so much. We have the zipline booked, so I’ve done my research and this is the first mention I’ve heard of a step ladder. Speaking of which, how high was the step ladder you had to use? How many steps did it have? Hopefully it wasn’t the 5-6 foot ladder I have pictured in my mind. 😱

I’ve used portable staircases before in different locations, they had handrails and worked just fine for this short person. I’ve also used a variety of wood and foam boxes. They worked, too. A step ladder would not be fine. Thank you for the info. I have some more research to do.

I’m not sure the previous posters who commented that the towers look fine - which they do - understood exactly what you were talking about. Your comment was not about the towers. It was about how you had to get off of the zipline and get your feet onto whatever landing platform you were coming into, that you were dangling above while still attached to the zipline.  One of the realities of life for those of us who are short. All too often our feet simply don’t reach the ground. How we get our feet to the ground does matter to us!

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ship2Shore said:

I’m probably in the minority as I enjoy the artisan market at Labadee.  Are there vendors at Coco Cay?

Yes, but they are super generic and all seem to sell souvenirs from the same pool of available items. There is no feeling of “this came from here” that you (Kinda) get at the Labadee market. OTOH, the vendors are not at all pushy and the huts they sell from are spread out more. 

On 2/4/2020 at 2:54 PM, LisaT91403 said:

Also, what age do you have to be to enter the water park without an adult? Thanks.

14. And if younger than 14, they can enter with someone 14 or higher (so a 12 year old could go with a 14 year old, doesn't have to be an adult 18+). Children do need to leave the ship with an adult from their stateroom (or other authorized person).