Ruby Princess and Balcony Doors

CruiseGalDiane

@CruiseGalDiane

Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. 👍 However, please note the following information is at the top of each page in this forum:

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

Since your topic is a specific Princess ship I have moved your thread to the Princess Cruises forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Princess frequent that forum. I feel sure anyone that has sailed on Ruby will help you with feedback there.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

6 hours ago, CruiseGalDiane said:

I need to know if the Ruby Princess has child safety locks at the top of the balcony doors so that small children can't open them when locked.

No they do not.

Depending on the size and age of the child IMO it would be very difficult to operate the door handle to open in the first place.

• Like 1

Never underestimate the power of a toddler to get into mischief.  I remember the resourcefulness of our 3 y/o boy to unlock and open the back door to go outside and then climb a 4 foot chain link fence to get into the unfenced neighbor's yard and escape.  We had to use the deadbolt to stop him.