Nassau/Princess Cay excursions or no?

happylittlefamily

We are booked on our 1st Carnival cruise next week.  I just booked last night, so haven't had an opportunity to dig into excursions.   Our last (and only) cruise was to Cozumel and we did a very reasonably priced all-inclusive day resort.  Much of what I'm reading about Naasau indicates the excursions are "meh."  Since we have never been,  is it worth getting off the ship to see? Are there any family-friendly and reasonably priced all-inclusive beaches for the day?  It will still be chilly, so probably not interested in water activities.   We have 4 kids coming with us.   Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!!!

Oh, and 1 of our children has walking difficulties, so if it's a far walk, we will need to bring our wheelchair.   

Edited by happylittlefamily

There is a huge "straw market" area right off the ship....and there are some beaches not too far away.    Atlantis is expensive....and if it is chilly, that's not a good use of money.  Remember, the pool on the ship will be up and running, if you decide to take a stroll about town, then reboard.

• Thanks 1

I would disregard all of the opinions to "just stay on the ship for Nassau", especially for a first-timer. It is a beautiful island with tons to do. Gorgeous beaches too. We have had great times at Sandals, Cabbage beach, Atlantis, etc. If you see something that interests your group and is reasonable in price, book it!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

There is a huge "straw market" area right off the ship....and there are some beaches not too far away.    Atlantis is expensive....and if it is chilly, that's not a good use of money.  Remember, the pool on the ship will be up and running, if you decide to take a stroll about town, then reboard.

That's what I think I'm leaning towards.   Maybe check out the market and return to the ship at Nassau.  I am looking forward to Princess Cay.  Sounds like we should be able to relax at the beach that day.  Anything that gets us away from the cold, white, fluffy stuff is a good plan! Lol

30 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I would disregard all of the opinions to "just stay on the ship for Nassau", especially for a first-timer. It is a beautiful island with tons to do. Gorgeous beaches too. We have had great times at Sandals, Cabbage beach, Atlantis, etc. If you see something that interests your group and is reasonable in price, book it!

I think we will get off and see what we come upon.  I wasn't sure if there were independent beach clubs not sponsored by Carnival.   When we went to Cozumel,  we went to Mr. Sanchos all-inclusive and it was only like $50 per person for the beach, pools, unlimited food (best shrimp cocktails of my life!) And unlimited beverages including alcohol.   Nassau resorts are a lot more, so wasn't sure if they are worth it.