cancel excursion

hunt182644

It sort of stays in your account and can be used to book other excursions. If you want your money back before you sail, you need to call and request it. This is what I have done. I assume it will show up as OBC on the ship but I have always requested the money back before I sale.

32 minutes ago, franktown said:

When I cancelled online for a excursion that I paid for by credit card it has always been credited  back to the card.  If I paid by using OBC it has been credited back as OBC>

Exactly the same for me. Done this 3 x. 

Yes I do this all the time. You can cancel it in your Personalizer and it will refund your credit card in a few days. If you used OBC it should credit that back too, haven't done that so don't know if it's automatic or not. If you want to replace the cancelled shorex with a different one you can book it at the same time and the refunded amount will automatically apply towards the new one. You can cancel shore excursions up to five days before your cruise I believe. If you cancel onboard, it will be credited to your shipboard account as refundable OBC. I just did that recently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why am I having the opposite situation? I have had to call multiple times to have them refund my money and the people at Princess are like "why - don't you want OBC"? and I am "No - it is my money".

I even had to have my agent call this week to request money back from a decrease in air as it had been a month and they still had not credited it back.

Hmmm so you cancelled a shorex before your cruise (assuming at least 5 days out) on your Personalizer and it didn't refund your credit card/OBC? That's odd. I just cancelled a shorex yesterday and it credited me for the new one I booked instead. There is a fifty dollar difference in price so I'll see how long it takes to refund my credit card. I've never had a problem before so we will see...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, franktown said:

When I cancelled online for a excursion that I paid for by credit card it has always been credited  back to the card.  If I paid by using OBC it has been credited back as OBC>

This has been my experience every time in the past.

• Like 2