Suite guests in Blu - enough!

phoenix_dream

4 hours ago, jcpc said:

Totally agree,  I ate in Luminae on Edge before they even allowed the "every day items".  It was a struggle as the Luminae menu is, in my opinion, very limited.  I believe it is very "seafood heavy" and if you can't eat seafood you're out of luck some nights.  I remember one night all 4 appetizers were some sort of seafood dish. 

This really isn’t true for the current menus.

There is a set of 14 menus, we were in Luminae for all 14, I choose not to eat seafood, and I always had a choice each night. No special requests, just the normal menus. 

• Like 1

If anyone has any doubts about the Luninae food choices, just download the Celebrity app and select the current cruise on Constellation for example and go look at all the daily menus...

There is usually a seafood option in both the appetizers and the entrées, but never only seafood in either. ...

On a couple of occasions the appetizers were mainly seafood, but never exclusively seafood.

For the entrées, the only time you would tend to see more than one seafood option out of the 5 choices on the main menu was if the pasta had a seafood component. 

6 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

On Millennium earlier this month in Luminae and told could not order off the Blu menu.

Maybe a recent change, used to be able to on Infinity in Luminae.

Also not on S class ships since the kitchens are on different decks.

Onboard Eclipse for 3 weeks last year in Luminae was told no off menu items allowed.

Not even filet mignon - except for the MDR children's menu filet !!!

Prefer Blu to Luminae !!!

Strange....

We were on Eclipse last year for 2 weeks and while none of us ever asked for the Blu menu one of the 4 of us ordered off the MDR menu nearly every day as did many other tables around us.  

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Strange....

We were on Eclipse last year for 2 weeks and while none of us ever asked for the Blu menu one of the 4 of us ordered off the MDR menu nearly every day as did many other tables around us.  

We were able to order off the MDR menu just not any custom made meals like previously posted. I do not think ordering off the MDR menu is a big deal since suite guests pay MANY times the fare of MDR guests !!!

4 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

We were able to order off the MDR menu just not any custom made meals like previously posted. I do not think ordering off the MDR menu is a big deal since suite guests pay MANY times the fare of MDR guests !!!

Seems a waste...they should work on the menu to make it worth the upgraded fare..Maybe Luminae needs a new perspective.. 

Have not yet tried it but finally booked a bargain suite on Connie for 2021! Looking forward to trying it but so far not over impressed with recent reviews

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Seems a waste...they should work on the menu to make it worth the upgraded fare..Maybe Luminae needs a new perspective.. 

Have not yet tried it but finally booked a bargain suite on Connie for 2021! Looking forward to trying it but so far not over impressed with recent reviews

I think you will be very impressed- what a difference in having the suite amenities- will be hard for you to go back to any other cabin in the future!  You always get a few unhappy people- for a variety of reasons-  Some people are never happy-    But if you can afford a suite- you will have a wonderful experience!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

I think that the people who are more likely to complain are more likely to post here.

Luminae is incredible - I loved every meal I had there. I think the biggest issue with most fine dining (and Luminae included) is that it is hard to describe food well with words. So, I recommend either picking a main ingredient that you like or are willing to try and just trusting that it will be great. Parsnip Puree did not sound great to me, and if I trusted my reading of the menu, I would complain that Luminae had nothing that I would like. However, I just ordered it and it was fabulous.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

One of the people in our group frequently asked for different options and they accommodated him in nearly every case.  If you want something special ask the night before and if it's on the ship they will prepare it for you.  That has been our experience in Luminae on Eclipse, Silhouette, Reflection and Equinox.

• Like 1

Hope we'll like it. Also  booked Connie for 2022, and suite prices and AQ were way up again!  We'll be looking for deals!

So far EDGE had the best MDR  dining .

Liked BLU but not the location and slow kitchen...

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Have not yet tried it but finally booked a bargain suite on Connie for 2021! Looking forward to trying it 

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I think you will be very impressed- what a difference in having the suite amenities- will be hard for you to go back to any other cabin in the future!     But if you can afford a suite- you will have a wonderful experience!

I reconsidered my post.  Some would probably not appreciate my humor.  😁  

Edited by Texed

On 2/21/2020 at 5:03 AM, Gracie115 said:

But when you can dine off the Blu or MDR menu while in Luminae on S & M class why go anywhere else?

I didn’t know you can dine off of Blu menu in Luminae. Menu certainly wasn’t offered to us. You have to spend hours and hours on these boards to know all the little things that aren’t published but you are supposed to know.

3 hours ago, texmanufan said:

I didn’t know you can dine off of Blu menu in Luminae. Menu certainly wasn’t offered to us. You have to spend hours and hours on these boards to know all the little things that aren’t published but you are supposed to know.

We never asked for Blu menu but have read the same here.  We have asked and received the MDR menu.  From what I've read the Blu menu seems to be available on the "M" class ships since all share the same kitchen, not so sure about the "S" class.