shampoo, toiletries?

dancedemon

Hi, I did a search to check about shampoo and other toiletries provided on ships.  We will be sailing 2/10-2/14 on Norwegian Pearl.  What toiletries are made available to cruisers? Shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, hand lotion? Many thanks!

For Norwegian ships in the fleet, I can generalize: mini-suites, balconies & lower - liquid hand soap, liquid body wash and liquid shampoo/conditioner combo, each of 3 in a wall mounted dispenser inside the bathroom.  It's very basic.  No separate hair conditioner, no hand lotion, no shower caps, etc.  Small soap bars might be available by asking your room steward.  

For suites & Haven guests, upscale mini bottles of shampoo, hand lotion and solid soap bars are provided.  

No shavers, Q-tips, cotton balls or sewing kit, etc.  

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

The photo of soap bar and lotion was from December 2019. Have things changed in the past 2 months?

If you were in suite or above, you'd prob still get the lotion and soap. Interior did not get these anymore in Nov or Jan. 

19 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Q-tips and cotton balls in suites. 

OP: I’ve never been on any cruise ship that provided toothpaste. 

We got travel size toothpaste on a Carnival cruise a few years back. It may have been promotional from the toothpaste company at the time...

Went on a NCL cruise last year and the parents were so upset about no toothpaste this time around. They hadn't packed it and expected it since it was on that last cruise, lol.

19 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

We got travel size toothpaste on a Carnival cruise a few years back. It may have been promotional ... Went on a NCL cruise last year and the parents were so upset about no toothpaste ... 

Traveling - most hotels abroad provide slippers & robes, dental flaws + toothbrush/paste, comb, shoes polishing mitten, etc. are often standard ... even for the basic reservations, no elite or club status needed to get the "free" perks.  Just not here in the U.S. 

We collect & keep some of the useful items for future/onward travel ... and hotel front desk staff usually cheerful in handing out what we "forget" - making it easy to stock/restock extras after a long flight (dang the TSA 3-1-1 theatrics) - did that on our Mexico, Hawaii & Alaska sailings.

Forgotten items, no worries.  Ship's gift shop do carry & sell these basic items, for your convenience and at huge markups, of course.  Or do what we did on a 14 nights ... walked 2 blocks to a nearby 7-11 at (one of the Mexico stop) as we ran out. 

So how is the shampoo/conditioner combo in the standard cabins?  I'd love to not have to pack mine.  Any ladies with long, color-treated hair feel like the provided product is adequate, or do you still bring your own?

4 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

So how is the shampoo/conditioner combo in the standard cabins?  I'd love to not have to pack mine.  Any ladies with long, color-treated hair feel like the provided product is adequate, or do you still bring your own?

If you are faithful to one brand, then you likely will want to take travel size bottles of that.  Generally, I will use the provided shampoo most days, but I do take sample size conditioner for added protection, or  when I feel like my hair is being less manageable. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

You will almost certainly want to bring your own.  Their products smell wonderful, but when was the last time you used dollar store quality shampoo conditioner combo and were happy with it?

• Thanks 1