Service/Gratuity Charge Increase ?

teeredi2cruise

Going back through the historical data for the Service/Gratuity charge increases, this typically occurs in April of the last few years. Does anyone else think that this trend will continue into 2020? I currently have one sailing not locked in for the current year service charge rate, so just thinking I may want to do that just to get in front of any potential increase.

1 hour ago, teeredi2cruise said:

Going back through the historical data for the Service/Gratuity charge increases, this typically occurs in April of the last few years. Does anyone else think that this trend will continue into 2020? I currently have one sailing not locked in for the current year service charge rate, so just thinking I may want to do that just to get in front of any potential increase.

Thanks for posting this was debating paying the service charges up front next week at final payment. We never do this though we never remove it either so no refund worries, just though why not pay so less on the OB charges. At 18.00 pp this month think we will get this locked in, just in case. We like this auto service charge so I don't worry that I left someone out the last night of our cruise, so the only envelopes I need is if someone is extra special :).

Anything goes - NCL just upped the ante on the Room Service from $8 to $10.

While it is a token amount and nothing to worry about if you don't use it

THEN AGAIN consider other stiffs charges fees gratuities -

Go ahead and take advantage of LOCKING in these -

You are going to be paying that dreaded* disputed* DSC anyway.

* Hey I am not against paying the non-tipped help with gratuities -

it is just my opinion that such charges would be best included in the cruise fare.

What you see is what you get and pay for ! No unexpected additions foistered ! 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

It really is a random amount. It is more about what the competition is doing. 

RCCL and Carnival did not increase at the end of the year like the previous years.  I don't think NCL will but who knows.  Celebrity is the only cruise line to increase and that was to $15.50 for non-suites last month.  They could use that as their basis for an increase.  

10 hours ago, teeredi2cruise said:

They alays give you enough warning to keep the current rate. Usually if you prepay it then you pay the rate that was in effect when  you booked. If you pay on board, you pay the then current rate.