Costa Maya Excursion

lorroth1

Check out Maya Chan. It sounds very similar. I have not been there because the cruise we had it booked on we had to cancel. But they were great to work with. I emailed them and they invoiced me the deposits. Last January the rates were $59 per couple, $20 refundable deposit with the rest payable the day we were there. Unlimited drinks, limited guests (based on their beach cabanas... once full that's it). Lunch included. Beach toys included. Beach massages available (very reasonable rates). Transportation included (taxis). Maya Chan is owned by an older (cruisers) American couple... their adult son runs it. If I remember right his name is Mark. That's who I dealt with. When we had to cancel he was very quick to refund our deposit. 

I found his email... mayachanbeach@gmail.com.

23 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

Check out Maya Chan. It sounds very similar. I have not been there because the cruise we had it booked on we had to cancel. But they were great to work with. I emailed them and they invoiced me the deposits. Last January the rates were $59 per couple, $20 refundable deposit with the rest payable the day we were there. Unlimited drinks, limited guests (based on their beach cabanas... once full that's it). Lunch included. Beach toys included. Beach massages available (very reasonable rates). Transportation included (taxis). Maya Chan is owned by an older (cruisers) American couple... their adult son runs it. If I remember right his name is Mark. That's who I dealt with. When we had to cancel he was very quick to refund our deposit. 

Agree with Maya Chan, did it Nov 2019 and since Im going to Costa Maya again I booked them once I booked the cruise.  They fill up quickly depending on the ships.  Food is great, and drinks along with using kayaks, SUP etc all included in the price.  Very easy to deal with overall.  

30 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Agree with Maya Chan, did it Nov 2019 and since Im going to Costa Maya again I booked them once I booked the cruise.  They fill up quickly depending on the ships.  Food is great, and drinks along with using kayaks, SUP etc all included in the price.  Very easy to deal with overall.  

I will contact them again...it was full when I contacted them for our 3/10 excursion

52 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

Great Place.. we frequent on a regular basis.  David is the son who runs Maya chan. Mark is the dad (owner).. Very very nice people. Will be there again in 2 months..  Side note>  I asked my wife where she wanted to go when she finished her Chemo treatment and her request was Maya chan.. We boarded a ship and celebrated  her completed therapy.. 5 years cancer free and still her Happy Place.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

Going in 2 weeks!! Super excited!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lorroth1 said:

I will contact them again...it was full when I contacted them for our 3/10 excursion

That is a problem with them when looking and booking them.  I dont sail to Costa Maya till Nov again and booked a month ago.  I figure if I need to cxl they are easy with that also so  best to hold, best of luck trying to get in.  If you do its great 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dappledumpling said:

Great Place.. we frequent on a regular basis.  David is the son who runs Maya chan. Mark is the dad (owner).. Very very nice people. Will be there again in 2 months..  Side note>  I asked my wife where she wanted to go when she finished her Chemo treatment and her request was Maya chan.. We boarded a ship and celebrated  her completed therapy.. 5 years cancer free and still her Happy Place.

Congrats!!!!!

Yes if Maya Chan is full and you want an AI away from the malecon, Almaplena is a good choice. It's further away but has a good rep.  Also new and just south of Almaplena is Hayhu Beach. 

http://www.almaplenabeachresort.com/

https://www.hayhubeach.com/

Do check both if Maya Chan doesn't work.  And for those wanting less crowded places along the malecon, there's the new Malecon21 which is just beyond Mahahual Divers and Shulamar.  Nearly the very end of the malecon walk.  People don't usually go that far down.

https://www.malecon21.com/beach-club

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 12:47 PM, crewsweeper said:

Yes if Maya Chan is full and you want an AI away from the malecon, Almaplena is a good choice. It's further away but has a good rep.  Also new and just south of Almaplena is Hayhu Beach. 

http://www.almaplenabeachresort.com/

https://www.hayhubeach.com/

Do check both if Maya Chan doesn't work.  And for those wanting less crowded places along the malecon, there's the new Malecon21 which is just beyond Mahahual Divers and Shulamar.  Nearly the very end of the malecon walk.  People don't usually go that far down.

https://www.malecon21.com/beach-club

Do either allow topless sunbathing? 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI
We booked a last minute cruise for March, and Maya Chan was full. Since we have been there multiple times, they said they would fit us in to "best available." While we love Maya Chan, we are familiar with the resort and know where the overflow area is, so we were afraid we wouldn't get a great spot.
So, we just booked Almaplena for three people on April 2 for $177 USD.  They responded to my inquiry almost immediately, and are highly rated in reviews. The photos show a quaint resort, so I imagine if you are looking for luxury this might not be your choice. But as for us... We are quite ready for another adventure!
After we get back I'll come on here to give our review. 🙂

• 2 years later...
On 2/20/2020 at 12:53 PM, CavePearl said:

FYI
We booked a last minute cruise for March, and Maya Chan was full. Since we have been there multiple times, they said they would fit us in to "best available." While we love Maya Chan, we are familiar with the resort and know where the overflow area is, so we were afraid we wouldn't get a great spot.
So, we just booked Almaplena for three people on April 2 for $177 USD.  They responded to my inquiry almost immediately, and are highly rated in reviews. The photos show a quaint resort, so I imagine if you are looking for luxury this might not be your choice. But as for us... We are quite ready for another adventure!
After we get back I'll come on here to give our review. 🙂

I know your post is from 2020 (pre-pandemic shutdown).  Were you able to go to Almaplena and what did you think?

We just booked a 2023 summer cruise that includes Costa Maya, and I am just not certain where to go.  Maya Chan, Almaplena and Malecon21 all look good online.