Worth the "upgrade" or not

sewcruiser

We are currently booked in an inside cabin on the Panorama deck. I just got an upgrade offer for an oceanview cabin on the Main deck in the back for $58. Is this a good upgrade? I usually book OV or better but I let hubby book this one (he liked the lower price on the inside cabins). 

If you are accustomed to "ocean view" or better, your inside cabin may not be something you will like.

They are very dark, very "closed" - If you like to have a window at least, you may strongly consider the upsell.

Its all based on what you like.

#choosefun 

~Marci

1 hour ago, sewcruiser said:

We are currently booked in an inside cabin on the Panorama deck. I just got an upgrade offer for an oceanview cabin on the Main deck in the back for $58. Is this a good upgrade? I usually book OV or better but I let hubby book this one (he liked the lower price on the inside cabins). 

We are OV people also, it’s our first choice. We pulled the trigger on a Havana aft balcony on the Horizon. Would normally not do this but we got a big credit from our Cancelled Mardi Gras cruises. So we said what the... why not. The up-sell was $400.00. Are up-sells a good deal only you can decide that.

Not a bad price.  But before agreeing,  I also have a deck plan so I can see location  of the cabin,  what's  near, will there be cabins above and below, etc.

On one sailing last year, the first offer location wasn't idea for me being under the theater  and I declined.   

But less than two weeks later I received a better location offer 

51 minutes ago, Cruiser Joe said:

If the upgraded cabin is midship, I would do it. If it's in the front or back, or in a location where something loud is above or below the new cabin, I would hesitate.

Just checked.....the galley is above this cabin. I'm guessing that this could be a LOUD area. Thanks for your response.

43 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Which ship? How far aft? Some ships have vibration issues in the far aft, lower decks. 

Is it is not a cabin prone to vibration issues I would do it in a heartbeat. 

Valor 2428. I'm not sure if this ship has vibration issues. I did see that this cabin is below the galley so that may be a noise issue. 

Nowadays you might want to get that daylight window, or if you can a balcony.  If one person is tested confirmed for coronavirus the ship will be quarantined for at least 2 weeks.  You do not want to be stuck in an inside cabin.  Check out Princess quarantined in Japan.  

Edited by James4me

On 2/6/2020 at 3:00 PM, airlink diva said:

On one sailing last year, the first offer location wasn't idea for me being under the theater  and I declined.   

But less than two weeks later I received a better location offer 

I hope this will happen for me.  I'm not crazy about the current offer below the galley.  

On 2/6/2020 at 6:20 PM, James4me said:

Nowadays you might want to get that daylight window, or if you can a balcony.  If one person is tested confirmed for coronavirus the ship will be quarantined for at least 2 weeks.  You do not want to be stuck in an inside cabin.  Check out Princess quarantined in Japan.  

You are so right, 14 days in an inside cabin would be torture!!  I hope the coronavirus scare will be over by my cruise.

• Like 1