Royals deluxe drink packages Aussie sailings

Esilef

Thinking about upgrading from the royal refreshment package which I paid $30 aud for to the deluxe drink package which is about $70 aud grats included.

now I love a cocktail but think I could drink 3 at most a day and maybe a glass of wine.  

Cocktails look at being about &21.46 aug grats included.

We we are doing the 7 night ovation to noumena and mystery island. 

Whats your thoughts on the drink packages? Good value or a gimmick.

am I best sticking to the refreshment package?

Yes I accept that this question is asked constantly and also on the royal board but most aren’t converting to our aud 

$70 for the deluxe package is awesome value.

You will consume $70 of value easily - i was on a cruise last weekend and Beer was approx $8USD, Wine was $9-$15USD and Cocktails were $14USD.

I am fairly sure that Gratuities are NOT added to drinks in Oz as the advertised price must be the final price.

When you add in Coffee at $3-5USD, and Water, Fresh Juice etc, I dont see how you can possibly go wrong with the Deluxe package.

I saw people on the cruise (3 nights) spend far more than I paid for my entire drinks package on the first night only....to be fair they did look worse for wear the next day 🙂

Cheers 

Edited by blundeni01
  • Like 1

If you'll drink 3 cocktails plus 1 wine a day whether you have the package or not, then it's a worthwhile financial decision to get at that price.

However, if you're pushing yourself and only doing it because you have a package then there's no need. All depends on personal preference.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Esilef said:

Thinking about upgrading from the royal refreshment package which I paid $30 aud for to the deluxe drink package which is about $70 aud grats included.

now I love a cocktail but think I could drink 3 at most a day and maybe a glass of wine.  

Cocktails look at being about &21.46 aug grats included.

We we are doing the 7 night ovation to noumena and mystery island. 

Whats your thoughts on the drink packages? Good value or a gimmick.

am I best sticking to the refreshment package?

Yes I accept that this question is asked constantly and also on the royal board but most aren’t converting to our aud 

2 weeks.

If you don’t go with the booze package keep asking for the drinks card.They should have it around Noumea. It’s about $US80 for 10 drinks gratuity included.

• Like 1

2 weeks today plus I have 6 weeks of work to catch up on due to the school holidays! I really need a drink.

i purchased the drink card on our Mediterranean cruise and it worked really well. We were off the ship every day in port. 

Im not packed yet but I’m my storage room the bags have all the new clothes ready to go in. 

My my father is convinced that we need to take extra items in case we are put into quarantine. 

1 hour ago, Esilef said:

2 weeks today plus I have 6 weeks of work to catch up on due to the school holidays! I really need a drink.

i purchased the drink card on our Mediterranean cruise and it worked really well. We were off the ship every day in port. 

Im not packed yet but I’m my storage room the bags have all the new clothes ready to go in. 

My my father is convinced that we need to take extra items in case we are put into quarantine. 

I have a gut feeling about being quarantined.

Hey a extra 14 days ,what a beauty . 
Twangsta is on Ovation and doing a trip blog.Ask him if he has seen the drinks card.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aus ATC said:

We are being quoted $71.24/day + 18% gratuity for our Vancouver to Honolulu cruise in September - hoping for a price reduction.  $70/day all included would be great......

If you buy it on cruise planner before the cruise the gratuity is included.

If you buy it on the ship it’s plus %18 gratuity.

That applies to just about everything,specialty dining,spar and fitness.

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

If you buy it on cruise planner before the cruise the gratuity is included.

I wish that were the case - maybe because it is a Canada to Hawaii sailing they add the gratuity as per below

We shall still aim to buy pre-cruise, just hope for a "sale" in the meantime.image.png.21ce90676eb519191ba35df419b5f96e.png

3 minutes ago, Aus ATC said:

I wish that were the case - maybe because it is a Canada to Hawaii sailing they add the gratuity as per below

We shall still aim to buy pre-cruise, just hope for a "sale" in the meantime.image.png.21ce90676eb519191ba35df419b5f96e.png

I stand corrected.

At least they show you the gratuity because if you bought it onboard the gratuity comes as a shock for a Australian.

Gratuity policies differ between Australian based cruises and others. Care in comparison required.

To the OP, work out the average intake you will have. Factor in sea days and port days. How does this work out when looking at the prices of the drinks you have.

Carefully check whether all drink types in the cheaper category are covered in the more expensive one (last time I was on RCI) there were some big differences.

for me, drinks packages are not worth the money because of the number and mix of drinks I have.

On 2/8/2020 at 6:37 AM, Chiliburn said:

2 weeks.

If you don’t go with the booze package keep asking for the drinks card.They should have it around Noumea. It’s about $US80 for 10 drinks gratuity included.

Now i am concerned about the cyclone off noumena. 

We are currently on the Voyager of the Seas , just left Lautoka bound for Suva. We have the DBP and can report we have been having plenty of wines and cocktails over the $12 quoted limit with no extra charges. Sail card not required for 500 ml water bottles they just hand them over on request. DBP is a winner for us bought at $60.28 on sale and used OBC to further reduce the overall cost. So Enjoy , cheers, Buzz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

We are currently on the Voyager of the Seas , just left Lautoka bound for Suva. We have the DBP and can report we have been having plenty of wines and cocktails over the $12 quoted limit with no extra charges. Sail card not required for 500 ml water bottles they just hand them over on request. DBP is a winner for us bought at $60.28 on sale and used OBC to further reduce the overall cost. So Enjoy , cheers, Buzz.

Good work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

Way to go,have one for me.

14 hours ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

Thats the cheapest I’ve heard of it being. The cheapest on our cruise has been $65aud

the little Aussie dollar has dropped. Tuesday is a day they change prices & specials.

how many formal nights on a 7 night cruise?

7 hours ago, Esilef said:

Thats the cheapest I’ve heard of it being. The cheapest on our cruise has been $65aud

the little Aussie dollar has dropped. Tuesday is a day they change prices & specials.

how many formal nights on a 7 night cruise?

I think buzz may have bought it onboard $US